A Public Thank You

Yesterday, as I was leaving work for the day, two of my co-workers, S. and D. (just in case they don't want me to name them) gave me a birthday card and some excellent Lindt dark chocolate Easter eggs. Normally we kick in and order lunch for staff birthdays, but we're not doing that this year for mine (my choice), partly because some of us are taking a few days off and partly because we're low on our personal "petty cash" right now.

It was a really lovely and sweet gesture and I deeply appreciate it. And by the way, that chocolate was awesome!

I understand that work friendships don't usually translate to personal friendships beyond the office. Sometimes yes, but more often no, since it's the job that is the common tie.

Regardless, I have been deeply blessed to meet these two amazing women and to have them for co-workers. They have seen me through some really difficult times over the years and are, in fact, the only two humans here who have offered such unconditional support.

Thanks, guys. (((Hugs))) and Blessings (you know, the Universal, non-religious kind) to you both.

Comments

Sara Montgomery said…
It's a beautiful day for a birthday! Hope you enjoy your day, Kim. Thanks for the warm thoughts, and I feel exactly the same way about being blessed to share such a huge chunk of my life (work) with such amazing women. You and D both rock, and have taught me so incredibly much. Not bad for a cubefarm! But seriously, even though our jobs are our common tie, I believe it was more than that that made us all cross paths.
Big birthday hug for you!!! S