Is It Time For A Beer?

So, I get up at 4:30-ish, as usual. It's not like the cats will let me sleep any longer, even with the bedroom door closed. I putter around, feed them, let them out, etc., then go back to bed at 6:30AM because I have a sugar hangover from the day before, from having eating all those dark chocolate covered cranberries. Feel like shit. Serves me right.

Doze, but can't really sleep.

And all of a sudden, while lying there snuggled under the covers, the idea to clear out the kitchen cupboards and wash everything down, rearrange things, pops into my brain. And won't go away.

Well, hell.

So I get up--it's now about 8AM--throw on my sweats, come downstairs, and start to tackle things.

Four and a half hours later....

....it's time for a beer.

Oh yeah, I'm done.

More like done in.

Kitchen cupboards are cleaned, dishes and canned goods, etc., are rearranged. Even I'm impressed with my efforts. It all looks so good, better than it did before, that much is certain.

Some garden work is done. Vacuuming is done. And by the way, only one dish is broken in the process, a cat food dish. Wine and beer glasses are intact. That's all that matters.

Pour me that beer, baby.

Comments

Sara Montgomery said…
Holy crow, you're more productive in a weekend than I am in a month (or maybe several months)!