Mental Health Afternoon
Okay, I actually left the office at 10:30AM, caught the bus to the Centre. But I got in at 6:40AM, so that was more than half a day, technically. I had walked in, seen "Grady" again, by chance or design, so got to feed him and take a few snapshots. Blurb and pics on my Fuzzy Tales blog.And today I really needed a mental health break. Some days simply are like that, you get a feeling that you're going to crawl out of your skin if you sit in the chair any longer. It's terrific to have a boss who understands the need for these breaks, and great to have the vacation days to do it.
I can't say I was hugely productive; I think that's contrary to the concept of "mental health break." LOL. But I did stock up on cat food plus some groceries before heading home.
Got lots of reading done this afternoon, even a nap. I still feel a bit run-down, but not as much as earlier today. Probably just allergies contributing to the general feeling of "blah." Or it could be the fact that I haven't had any chocolate today -- gasp! (Hmm, I have peanut butter, banana and chocolate on hand....)
In any event, I do feel better and have no regrets about getting away from the cube for a good portion of the day. And tomorrow's Friday, so we all will look forward to that. :-)
Comments