Mid-Week Rambles

Today is Derry's 2nd birthday. Or as close to it as anyone knows, since he and his siblings were found when they were roughly 4 to 5 weeks old. It's the day we celebrate, at any rate. Catnip party this afternoon! I picked up catnip buds on the way home from work yesterday. Those things are potent.

Dad emailed me last night; he's booked his flight for his fall visit. He'll fly to Ottawa on September 15th, which is a Tuesday, I believe. Probably get in late in the evening. I know he wants to spend a couple of days in Ottawa, so I won't expect him here until Friday sometime. But that could change. I'm looking forward to his visit--but by the same token, certainly don't want to rush the summer. Warm temps are hard to come by, thinking in terms of annual weather. Let's not rush into fall.

As for work, I found a couple of interesting articles on the negative effects of cube farms:

http://www.adminsecret.com/news/articles/1501-cubicles-lead-to-stress-flu-and-raised-blood-pressure-study-finds


http://health.howstuffworks.com/death-by-cubicle.htm

A few of us are experiencing some cubicle stress at the moment...Still, I'd rather have semi-privacy than none at all, and I don't buy into the Cornell study mentioned in the second article--that a healthier alternative would be to have everyone in the open. Aaackk! That truly would be death.

Oh, I have a couple of "happys" for the morning: listening to jazz (keeps me mellow...sort of), the dark chocolate stash in my desk drawer, the fact that it's Wednesday and we have only two more working days for the week--LOL. I'm easy enough to please. :-)

Comments

Mikey said…
I have 2 more days then I am off for 10 days. I sure am thankful for that.