Finally a couple of tomatoes!
One of my co-workers had given me a couple of tomato plants her mom had started, and I planted them in my little back space, just to see if they would grow. They don't get full sun (I face north), so I figured not much would happen. I've seen a few tomato plants loaded down with fruit now, whereas my donated plants have been looking less-than-stellar.
But in spite of the light/soil conditions and my lack of attention, they've managed to produce some fruit. Wonders never cease. The first plant in the pic below actually has another tomato on it, just developing. Wow, two whole tomatoes. LOL.


The rest of the garden is looking a little worse for the wear, thanks mostly to Nicki. Derry does a pretty good job of trampling everything too, but it's Nicki who is scaling the fence every day and jumping back down onto the plants, crushing them.
At least my big ivy is doing well.




But in spite of the light/soil conditions and my lack of attention, they've managed to produce some fruit. Wonders never cease. The first plant in the pic below actually has another tomato on it, just developing. Wow, two whole tomatoes. LOL.


The rest of the garden is looking a little worse for the wear, thanks mostly to Nicki. Derry does a pretty good job of trampling everything too, but it's Nicki who is scaling the fence every day and jumping back down onto the plants, crushing them.
At least my big ivy is doing well.




Comments