Now that it's fall . . .
I found a really good hot cocoa mix recipe on-line. I've tried a few before, but have found them to be sickly sweet and not particularly tasty. This one, however, is quite good. It's now my morning wake-up drink, instead of coffee. The secret ingredient is the chocolate chips, which melt in the boiling water, of course, and give the drink a very nice flavour.
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=40885
RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
1/8 teaspoon salt
NOTE: I used 1/3 cup of Splenda for this, because I prefer a sharper chocolate taste. Then I added most of the package of chocolate chips. When I make this up again I'll skip the sugar/Splenda entirely and just throw in the entire package of chips.
This makes about about 4 cups of mix, of which you use only 3 - 4 teaspoons per cup.
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=40885
RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
1/8 teaspoon salt
NOTE: I used 1/3 cup of Splenda for this, because I prefer a sharper chocolate taste. Then I added most of the package of chocolate chips. When I make this up again I'll skip the sugar/Splenda entirely and just throw in the entire package of chips.
This makes about about 4 cups of mix, of which you use only 3 - 4 teaspoons per cup.
Comments