Could I Be More Clueless?

Okay, ever since I started following a multitude of blogs, I have noticed that while I can post comments to all of them from work, I've not been able to post comments to some of them from home.

This has been on-going for months and has been very frustrating.

I just figured that somehow, bizarrely, my ability to leave comments (even on my own blogs!) was tied to the computer's IP address--though that made no sense, frankly. In other words, if I opted to follow a blog from my work computer, well, I needed to be at my desk to post comments. Logically, I thought my ability to comment should have been tied to my Google account ID, but well, whatever. I have had life-things to do on the weekends, didn't really think about it over-much.

I swear, I really am computer literate! I know it doesn't seem like it right now. . . .

Anyway, very early this morning, because I had wanted to reply to "Old Kitty's" comment on Friday's post and couldn't, I went to Google's Blogger Help and found a forum with questions from people who were unable to leave comments on their own blogs, who were getting error messages. Close, but not quite the same as my difficulties. So I posted my problem and left it, did my usual Saturday thing (plus that hair cut--I feel so much better now). When I got home and checked my email there was a response.

Oh, are you ready for it?

To make sure I had third party cookies enabled on my computer.

*Headdesk*

Could I feel any more foolish?

How many years have I been using computers, doing web stuff, etc.? More than I care to count right now.

Sigh.

But you know, that certainly resolved the problem. LOL. And I think I just have to do one really stupid thing each month--okay, at least one--otherwise the Universe will become totally unbalanced.

Photobucket

Comments

Old Kitty said…
Hi!

Oh it's so good you got a response very quickly from the blog people. And sometimes the simplest solutions aren't the most obvious. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. The amount of times I'm on the phone to the I.T. people at work only for them to discover it's because there's a loose connection and all I needed to do was plug the usb cable back in...!

:-)

And you got your haircut! Hooray!

Take care

x