Lunch Hour Jaunt to the Lake
There's a park on the Lake just a few minutes from the office, so I went at lunch time, camera in hand. Bad day to go--it's "mild" out, but the wind is raw and it was so cold by the water that I could barely feel my fingers. I also couldn't see what I was shooting very well, it was so bright with the glare on the snow. As usual, I just aimed and clicked and hoped for the best.
By the way...In 10 days the third anniversary of Chumley's death will be here. It's been weighing on my mind a lot this month and I have shied away from any walks down by the water, because the day he died I had been out at the same place, taking ice snapshots. All normal and happy. So to walk there today gave me a sick-at-heart feeling, like I am tempting the Fates and that one of my fur companions is going to die a horrible death again. Possibly tonight.
I can understand only too well how humans have developed superstitions!
Of course, the reality is that yes, my cats will sicken and die--as will I. Going down to the water to take snapshots isn't going to hasten death. Logically I know this, but emotionally, well, that's another matter.





By the way...In 10 days the third anniversary of Chumley's death will be here. It's been weighing on my mind a lot this month and I have shied away from any walks down by the water, because the day he died I had been out at the same place, taking ice snapshots. All normal and happy. So to walk there today gave me a sick-at-heart feeling, like I am tempting the Fates and that one of my fur companions is going to die a horrible death again. Possibly tonight.
I can understand only too well how humans have developed superstitions!
Of course, the reality is that yes, my cats will sicken and die--as will I. Going down to the water to take snapshots isn't going to hasten death. Logically I know this, but emotionally, well, that's another matter.





Comments
Goodness knows how I stumbled on your amazing blog - but I was keen to connect with cat people - went to the cat blogsphere - followed a few and here I am.
I just read "About musings on a small life" and found myself nodding in agreement and muttering yes, that is so, so, so true.
Then saw this post and just wanted to say that as someone who has loved and lost 5 cats in the past decades and now just about hanging on to my one and only, I do understand.
Your pics are beautiful too an I do like the ones of your beloved cats best.
Take care
x