Old Family Photos

I love looking at old photographs, from the early days of the camera. Can't say I have any of those--oh, except a copy of one photo each of my maternal great grandparents when they were very young--but last week Dad emailed me scanned-in versions of a couple of 1956 pics a friend of his had. I've seen very few photos of Dad as a teenager, so these were great. I keep telling him to go through his albums and start scanning in pictures to email me, but as he still works (substitute teaches in his post-retirement years), he really doesn't have the time. Or the inclination, I think. Maybe he ought to bring just one album when he visits in the fall, and I'll scan them in!

Dad on the right, perched on the post. Pic taken in August 1956, so he'd have been 16, about 2 months shy of his 17th birthday.

Left to right: Dad in the background, the friend's father, Dad's father, and the younger boy is Dad's brother, Peter, we think. September 1956 out at Lac Long, in Quebec.
Photobucket

Comments

Sara Montgomery said…
Cool photos, real treasures to have.
Old Kitty said…
Hi!!

OMG!!!!!! Your dad is GORGEOUS! Seriously! Good grief - I love his James Dean-ish pose. I do like the friend squinting into the camera too. It must have been really hot.

And really nice candid one of the guys by the lake.

Any more?

These are great!!!

Take care

x
Kea said…
Oh, yes, Dad was a very good looking man. Still is, even though he just turned 70 in the fall. He's always looked younger than his years, is still in excellent health (mentally and physically). I did have a shot of Dad at 18 or 19, very handsome, will have to see if I still have that (either the actual photo or a JPG somewhere).
Kim,

visiting from Kitty's blog, what an interesting blog this is! I'm adding myself as a follower (I'm the shocking flower lol!)

Love the old photos.

Karen