Almost Done...

I'd already be finished the bedroom, except that I put three gigantic holes in the drywall yesterday, trying to get the new curtain rod up. I used a too-large drill bit to drill the hole for the anchor (the huge, honkin' wall-grippers) and the drywall swallowed them whole. What a mess. So I have to patch, sand, patch, sand, patch, sand, prime and then touch up. Again. But it's only one small area. And I still have to get all my clothes back into the closet, will take the opportunity to sort through things, toss and reorganize.

I thought I'd almost need traction today, because it's been a few years since I've done work like this in the house, but I feel okay. Not so great in the middle of the night, when I could  barely roll over and then only with a great of difficulty and discomfort. LOL.

And before I did the painting yesterday, I popped out (early, as in 7:15AM early) to hunt for a new curtain rod. Don't come home without a new one, I told myself. Looked in Canadian Tire--not much from which to choose. Decided to bus up to Cat. Centre and have a look in Zellers and Sears before heading over to Jysk and possibly Bouclair. But I didn't need to make the rounds, I found a very inexpensive rod in Zellers, and sweet curtains, too, crushed voile sheers, cream with gold-coloured thread embroidery. Also inexpensive, so we're not talking great quality, but it was within my budget, more or less. And I'm delighted with them, they freshen up the window. (I had cream sheers with medium gold solid panels on the outside before.)

Now I just need "art" on the walls. I was going to juggle what I have, but perhaps I'll keep my eye out for inexpensive canvas-style prints (not framed). HomeSense usually is a good place to find artwork at great prices. I'd like soft florals, nothing fussy or overdone. I really need my bedroom to be serene, to have a light and airy garden feel to it. So I'll just keep my eye out.

Have a great Sunday, everyone! I'm so glad tomorrow's a holiday for us; I need the extra day. LOL.

 I really had to lighten this snapshot, just to see the curtains.
Photobucket

Comments

Old Kitty said…
Well I think you should use your gorgeous floral shots - seriously!!! Make them poster wide and big enough for you to put on your walls - I seriously think you take beautiful floral close-ups!

I love what you have done to this room - it's definitely serene and calming. The curtains are gorgeous - well done you with rod finding, curtain putting up-ing and all that - look at the finished product - beautiful!

Take care
x
Jacqueline said…
I completely agree with Jenn; your shots are better than anything you could buy at the store...Surround yourself with your version of beauty; all your photos are really fantastic (floral and sun/sky shots)...Hope you get some rest!
Felted House said…
Your room looks beautiful, so light and calming, just the way a bedroom should be. Yes I too agree that your own photos are the way to go for the walls! xx
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
We third what Jenn said! Your photography would make excellent art for your walls and you could customize it any way you would like to match the decor.
What you've done looks super!

purrs
>^,,^<
Abby
Keiko said…
Those curtains are beautiful.
We agree too! Your photography would be fantastic on your walls!!!