Apparently Virola Plywood is Weather-Proof

Just heard back from handyman #1, Gary, and he says Virola plywood is weather-proof, and that he was thinking of pressure-treating it, anyway. He'd need a few more sheet if I want to go up high (i.e. 8 feet), will send a quote later. It'll be more than the just-under-$700 he emailed me the other day, of course. I would need to go to Home Depot and check this stuff out for myself, before I said definitely that Nicki could not get his claws into it. Besides, any wood is not going to stand up to the elements indefinitely and would require maintenance to keep it in good condition, yes?

So now I wait to see what Kevin comes up, and perhaps Steve next week.

After all this, it'll be a waste of time all round if I don't go with one of the options. But nope, I don't feel pressured (haha, no pun intended) to hire anyone. I have to feel that Nicki will be safely contained, because I don't want to waste my money!

Photobucket

Comments

Old Kitty said…
Well it's great that the guys are able to come up with cheaper but just as good alternatives! I've not thought of checking out whatever they suggest first in the DIY shop but that'll be a good idea - so at least you'd know just how Nicki proof they can be!

$700 is better than $1000. Hopefully it'll be bettered! Slowly getting there!

Take care and good luck!
x
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
You are right.
You want it Nicki proof, and as upkeep proof as possible too.

purrs
>^,,^<
Abby
Jacqueline said…
Hopefully, one of the proposals will be what you need in your price range...Kids are expensive!!...Hope you have a fun weekend Kim.