Victoria Day Holiday Monday
It's a holiday in Canada today, the start of tourist season, the start of cottage season. It's been a glorious sunny weekend, couldn't ask for better weather. I briefly toyed with the idea of taking my camera and going for a walk in the nearby cemetery, but went back to bed at 7AM instead. (I'm up around 3:30AM these days, because the cats want out and there's no ignoring them, open or closed bedroom door.)
So the most I've done today is finish the bedroom touch-ups, do a few touch-ups in another room, a bit more filling of nail holes, cleaning up, vacuuming and dishes, dishes, dishes. Oh, and of course play servant to the fur kids, plus spend time with the neighbour's cat Nikko/Nico. (He gives the occasional kitty kiss now and talks up a storm when I go out. He'll come when called and will follow me around to the back of the fence, when I go out with my camera to take sunrise pics. He's such a sweetie, even if he does get over-stimulated sometimes and want to put the bitey on me.)
Back to work tomorrow and it'll be a break, to sit on my butt and finish up a project, plus catch up on blogs. :-)
Oh, I've had another idea with regard to bedroom "art": I also could keep my eye out for wallpaper or actual decorative paper (the thick wrapping kind) and frame it. I've seen this featured in decor magazines time and again, but have not tried it myself. Finding paper or a bit of wallpaper I like wouldn't be the issue, it would be the cost of framing. Maybe just a ready-made frame, on sale? Michaels Crafts sometimes has frames on sale at pretty good prices.
BTW, Barb: I have photos of my cats, too, in matted frames--one 8x10 of each of the cats, including Chumley, and then 2-5x7s pictures together in one frame, again of each of the four cats. They sat on my old den floor for months before I finally put them up along the stairway wall...then took them all down a couple of months after that because it felt too cluttered. So now they're back on my den floor. How's that for my own procrastination? I think I'll end up putting them in the upper hallway, but not until I repaint. And buy a slew of those 3M hooks that don't take paint off the walls. They make them for picture-hanging now, I've seen them in Michaels. There's no way I'm putting more holes in my walls; the thought of having to fill, sand, fill, sand, prime, and paint again is just too much. LOL.
Anyway, all this trivial stuff is only of interest to me. :-) I'll leave you with a few pics of the irises in front of the campus building adjacent to ours, snapped last week.
So the most I've done today is finish the bedroom touch-ups, do a few touch-ups in another room, a bit more filling of nail holes, cleaning up, vacuuming and dishes, dishes, dishes. Oh, and of course play servant to the fur kids, plus spend time with the neighbour's cat Nikko/Nico. (He gives the occasional kitty kiss now and talks up a storm when I go out. He'll come when called and will follow me around to the back of the fence, when I go out with my camera to take sunrise pics. He's such a sweetie, even if he does get over-stimulated sometimes and want to put the bitey on me.)
Back to work tomorrow and it'll be a break, to sit on my butt and finish up a project, plus catch up on blogs. :-)
Oh, I've had another idea with regard to bedroom "art": I also could keep my eye out for wallpaper or actual decorative paper (the thick wrapping kind) and frame it. I've seen this featured in decor magazines time and again, but have not tried it myself. Finding paper or a bit of wallpaper I like wouldn't be the issue, it would be the cost of framing. Maybe just a ready-made frame, on sale? Michaels Crafts sometimes has frames on sale at pretty good prices.
BTW, Barb: I have photos of my cats, too, in matted frames--one 8x10 of each of the cats, including Chumley, and then 2-5x7s pictures together in one frame, again of each of the four cats. They sat on my old den floor for months before I finally put them up along the stairway wall...then took them all down a couple of months after that because it felt too cluttered. So now they're back on my den floor. How's that for my own procrastination? I think I'll end up putting them in the upper hallway, but not until I repaint. And buy a slew of those 3M hooks that don't take paint off the walls. They make them for picture-hanging now, I've seen them in Michaels. There's no way I'm putting more holes in my walls; the thought of having to fill, sand, fill, sand, prime, and paint again is just too much. LOL.
Anyway, all this trivial stuff is only of interest to me. :-) I'll leave you with a few pics of the irises in front of the campus building adjacent to ours, snapped last week.




Comments
Have some good holidays.
I did see a house makeover programme once (House Doctor) and this woman took wallpaper, wrapped it around wood board, stapled it (staple gun), did something to the front to protect the wall paper and et voila! instant art pics without frames. :-)
Anyway your close ups of iris pics are amazing - look at that furry/hairy thingy (stymen?!?!) in the middle of the plant! Wow!
Happy Victoria Day!!
Take care
x