Huh. That's a blast from the past.
I got a call last night from a number that seemed familiar but that I couldn't place. Didn't pick up as I was in the middle of something, but it turned out to be from a (former) friend that my ex and I knew. Actually, he had met this couple many years ago in Toronto and when I hooked up with the Putz, met them through him. The four of us became friends and eventually, when the ex and I were looking to move from Halifax, we chose this area in part because of their proximity. (Not in the same city, about 45 minutes west.)
Eventually they split up, and the Putz and I not long after. I kept in touch with them both for a while, but of course people take different paths and drift apart. The common ground we shared was gone.
So I've been out of touch with this person for oh, about four years now, give or take. I really can't recall. But she's in town today and wants to meet, go for dinner. I called her back yesterday evening and said sure, all the while wondering if I should bother.
What can I say about my life in the past few years? I can sum it up in a few words: Same old, same old. LOL. Same job (knock on wood), nope--not seeing anyone or remotely interested in going down that road, oh yeah...Chumley died, I've been treated twice for clinical depression, have two new cat companions (Nicki and Derry), I'm 30 pounds fatter, have more wrinkles and gee, gall stones too. (What you can't see is my wry smile as I type this, because it's rather a cosmic joke, don't you think? All of life is!)
And why does she want to meet now? I'm very sure she's been in town dozens upon dozens of times over the past several years, and she's not contacted me. I can only think there must be some hidden agenda here. (This is why I don't have close relationships with humans--I don't trust them.)
Anyway, it's only dinner. I'm sure it'll be a bit weird, but hey, I suppose it could be interesting.
Eventually they split up, and the Putz and I not long after. I kept in touch with them both for a while, but of course people take different paths and drift apart. The common ground we shared was gone.
So I've been out of touch with this person for oh, about four years now, give or take. I really can't recall. But she's in town today and wants to meet, go for dinner. I called her back yesterday evening and said sure, all the while wondering if I should bother.
What can I say about my life in the past few years? I can sum it up in a few words: Same old, same old. LOL. Same job (knock on wood), nope--not seeing anyone or remotely interested in going down that road, oh yeah...Chumley died, I've been treated twice for clinical depression, have two new cat companions (Nicki and Derry), I'm 30 pounds fatter, have more wrinkles and gee, gall stones too. (What you can't see is my wry smile as I type this, because it's rather a cosmic joke, don't you think? All of life is!)
And why does she want to meet now? I'm very sure she's been in town dozens upon dozens of times over the past several years, and she's not contacted me. I can only think there must be some hidden agenda here. (This is why I don't have close relationships with humans--I don't trust them.)
Anyway, it's only dinner. I'm sure it'll be a bit weird, but hey, I suppose it could be interesting.
A few wildflower snapshots from Sunday
I know this is bladder campion.
For some odd reason, I love thistles. Must be the colour. Certainly not the prickliness.





Comments
Thanks for the pics - I love the name "bladder campion" and you can see why they were so named! LOL!!!
Take care
x