The Kindness of Strangers

I'm utterly blown away by the generosity and kindness of complete strangers, people who have donated to help with Derry's vet bills. I'm still struggling with the embarrassment and shame of asking, but am also grateful beyond mere words.

THANK YOU.

Dinner last night was surprisingly good! Not awkward, as I thought it would have been. I think she's reconnecting with former friends now that she's getting set to toss out the dead beat she's been supporting for the past five years. Bizarrely, she lost one of her cats (who looked quite a bit like Chumley) to a similar problem--blood clot--two and a half years ago. And she has three other cats now, rescues, plus her 15-year old female, and various visiting cats from the neighbourhood, some with homes and some without. Our lives as middle-aged women with cats seem to be running parallel. LOL.

Anyway, I certainly hope it won't be another 4 or 5 years before we see each other again.

On an entirely different note, I told my boss I was leaving at 1 or 1:30 today, to get home in time to see Spain and Germany play for a berth in the World Cup final. Nice to have a boss who doesn't blink at things like that.  :-)

Kitty in a window on the way home on Sunday.
 Someone's pretty hollyhocks.
Photobucket

Comments

Felted House said…
I'm glad your dinner was without hidden agenda! That all makes sense that she's reconnecting with people, it sounds like you have some good things in common ie. cats.
Lovely hollyhocks, I used to grow them and then they all died and I forgot all about them, must start again. xx
Felted House said…
Meant to say on a completely unrelated note which will make NO sense to anyone else reading, that wheat free hasn't been as hard as I thought - gluten free is a different matter, but wheat free means you can have oatcakes, rice cakes, rye bread or rye crackers, I've even made some spelt bread which is very like wheat bread but is supposed to be easier to digest. The argument I've seen with the no-sugar-no-wheat is that your body gets stressed processing them, so you have a 2-week complete break, or longer is possible, and then your body will have a really good chance to clean itself out and be in a better state to deal with the normal toxins it comes across. Of course the sugar is bad because of messing up blood sugar levels as we know, so I'm going to try hard not to re-introduce that, but I'll try wheat again in a few weeks. I'm sure I'll end up cheating madly on holiday over the summer as I don't think I can go to Dorset and not have a cream tea or two! xx
JC said…
Cute cat in the window.
Katnip Lounge said…
Glad dinner was fun...I suspect you are right about the reconnection...during difficult times it's good to look for all the support you can get.

The Hub & I have friends we may only catch up on once or twice a year; no less good friends for that.

LOL and three cheers for a great boss!
Jacqueline said…
Glad your dinner with your friend was fun and enjoyable; it's nice you guys still had much in common and may stay in touch now...Life surprises us sometimes, eh?...Happy day, Kim, hope your team wins!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Oh I am so delighted to hear that dinner was so lovely. It does sound as if the life transformation she is going through made her see she need to reconnect. That is truly wonderful.

Just when you think you can't put your trust in people,things happen and it makes one understand that all things are possible.

Hope you enjoy your soccer game today.
Old Kitty said…
I am so sorry for Germany!! Oh dear!! When this World Cup started - Spain were the favourites and I couldn't see it - how wrong can I be and what do I know??

But Germany did very well, scored most of the goals in this tournament and are young enough to return in 4 years time!!! Yay for them!

Glad your dinner went well with your friend - it's incredible how we find soul mates - paths borne separately twist and turn and grow and then cross other paths eventually over time!! Amazing!

The kitty in the window is gorgeous!! I wish I could grow hollyhocks!! Beautiful flowers!

Take care
x
I'm a cat and now when things are good. Glad you're dinner went well with the chum from the past. Sometimes those things can be ackward or they pick up where no time has passed.

I like the kitty in the window, too!

Noir