Post-Op Update

I promise I won't continue to post about Harry every day, just wanted to let everyone know he did have the surgery yesterday afternoon/evening and came through fine, with multiple pins to repair the hip.

Apparently he's still loopy today from the pain meds, but at least isn't having quite the hallucinations today that he was yesterday. Mom said he was very entertaining, actually.  :-D

I expect she'll know more in a day or two about his rehab, how long he'll be in the hospital before being moved to the rehabilitation  centre, etc.. So it's all still a wait-and-see game at the moment, whether he is able to go home at some point, and whether that's the current house or an apartment, whether he needs palliative care or "only" daily in-home nursing care. There will be a lot of changes in their lives in the near future, I expect.

Thanks again for all the good vibes and healing energy; it seems to be working!

Sunrise sky on Friday July 23rd. Love how the colours change so quickly!
Photobucket

Comments

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I am so glad to hear that Harry is resting comfortably and that your Mom can now breathe a sigh of relief. But you're right, there is about to be a major upheaval in their daily lives. Please continue to update us on his health,and continued healing purrs sent to Mr.Harry!
Old Kitty said…
Oh it's great to hear that Harry's operation is now over!! What a relief! And yes, there are lots to think about regarding his future - I hope he recuperates well first!

Of course you must update us on his progress!!! :-) I'm sending him and your mum lots more healing hugs!!!

Oh and lovely pics of the sky - the colours are stunning and so vivid!! Lovely!!!

Take care
x
Jacqueline said…
Wonderful news about Harry!...It's always stressful to have so many changes at once in your life and I hope your Mom will be ok with everything...Wishing Harry a complete recovery and sending big hugs to your Mom as well...Love the photos=the reds and golds are just gorgeous!...When is that coffee table book of yours coming out?!!...Have a good day, Kim, take care.
Felted House said…
Beautiful skies - it wasn't till I was on the beach last week for several hours that I appreciated just how much the light and mood can change in quite a short space of time.
I'm sorry to hear Harry has been through so much and do hope he and your mum are able to plan for any changes they need to make without too much stress. xx