Nico is in his own house...at least for the moment
Nico was on my doorstep when I got home today, but by chance or universal design, the roommate with whom I had spoken a couple of weeks ago also was just arriving. So I asked her if she would come and take Nico inside and she did right away, said Jenn (the condo owner's name is Jennifer) had brought him in before. That must have been Saturday afternoon through Sunday evening, since Nico was gone for that time. I told the girl that I've been lying awake at 2AM and worrying about him and that I was relieved he'd be indoors tonight. She told Nico, as she was heading into the house, that if he'd just stay in the basement, the dog wouldn't bother him.
So it is the dog he's trying to escape from.
I took a packet of Whiskas and a can of Fancy Feast over, knocked on the door but she didn't answer. So I put both in a bag with a note that it was for Nico's supper/breakfast, to tempt him to stay inside where it was warm, left the bag hanging over the door knob. I know Jennifer got home a while ago, so hope she will give Nico the food and accept it in the spirit in which it was intended. (As in, do better for your cat, you crummy person.)
I know what they think of me, believe me: crazy, middle-aged cat lady, crabby, surly, etc., etc., but too bad. I don't think much of them, either. :-P
Anyway, I will be seriously pissed off if Nico is on my doorstep at 4AM tomorrow!
So it is the dog he's trying to escape from.
I took a packet of Whiskas and a can of Fancy Feast over, knocked on the door but she didn't answer. So I put both in a bag with a note that it was for Nico's supper/breakfast, to tempt him to stay inside where it was warm, left the bag hanging over the door knob. I know Jennifer got home a while ago, so hope she will give Nico the food and accept it in the spirit in which it was intended. (As in, do better for your cat, you crummy person.)
I know what they think of me, believe me: crazy, middle-aged cat lady, crabby, surly, etc., etc., but too bad. I don't think much of them, either. :-P
Anyway, I will be seriously pissed off if Nico is on my doorstep at 4AM tomorrow!
Comments
I hope these women (there's two of them right?) remember that they not only have a doggie but they also have Nico (and maybe the reason why he doesn't like their basement is that they probably don't even play with him or give his something to occupy his mind! He's a clever boy is our Nico!!!! And he needs attention!!!! Ok, I'm being mean about them perhaps - LOL!).
Yay for you again!! Take care
x