The Invisible Cat

It's like I have only Nicki and Derry for feline company.

Annie kept to herself this AM, in the basement. Had a couple of licks of food before I left for work, that was it. I have no idea if she had anything else to eat all day. Isn't interested in eating supper at all. In fact, though she had been curled up on the dining chair when I got home, she's taken herself off to the basement and her kitty tent. She wants absolutely nothing to do with me, definitely is holding a grudge. So I can't judge if she's still feeling really crummy or not. Nothing untoward in the litter box, though. She hasn't eaten enough to have any real output, frankly. [Update: Oops, wrote too soon--she did have a bit of a mess outside the litter box a short time ago.]

I spoke with the vet a few minutes ago. Her BUN came back at 11.1 (last week it was 11.3 and the normal high is 13) and her Creatinine came back at 141 (was 166 last week and the normal high is about 177, if memory serves). So that was good. Great, in fact. But the tube for the CBC had a (blood) clot in it (not pathological) and they couldn't run the test. Happens sometimes. Dr. Buchanan said just to wait the two weeks and they'd run it again at no charge, along with another urine analysis (not free--lol).

And I'm going to pick up an appetite stimulant for Ms. Annie tomorrow. It's just a quarter of a pill. I'll have to grind it up and syringe it into her with a bit of diluted herb-free meat/poultry baby food. She really does need something to kick-start her appetite, but whether her eating lasts beyond the three-day effect is another matter.

The fun never stops, let me tell you!

Photobucket

Comments

Katnip Lounge said…
Hang in there...it was a gut-wrenching nightmare to get Felix to eat after his surgery...hopefully the effects of the shots will start to work and Annie will perk up and eat. I hate it when the "kids" get a 'tude; it's heartbreaking not being able to explain the vet visits and why they need to eat. At least her pee numbers were good!
We're all pulling for you and the Crabby Tabby here at the Lounge.
xx trish
Old Kitty said…
Awwwww gorgeous Annie!!! Here's hoping really really hard that she'll mellow out and be her beautiful self soon. I hope once she gets her appetite all stimulated and get more food in her, she'd be in a forgiving mood! Oh dear!! Me and Charlie continue to purr and send you and lovely Annie hugs!!! Take care
x
Admiral Hestorb said…
I love you Annie and I want so much for you to eat and drink, sweet girl. Do that for yourself and your siblings and certainly for you mommy who is so terribly worried about you. I worry my mommy too but the pills have helped me so far.

Annie, I'll come and groom you and wash your face if you will please eat.
xoxox
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
When I took Abby with me to visit relatives over Thanksgiving she would not eat or drink either. All she did was hide under the bed which had so many cobwebs I was worried about that too! At about hour 35 she started shaking so bad and I was about to run her to the emergency animal clinic out of state and possibly running up hundreds of $$$ for little impact. I felt like she was weak from not eating and I needed to get sugar into her bloodstream, so I melted some vanilla full FAT ice cream and rubbed it on her mouth. She had to lick it off. I want to tell you it wasn't 2 hours later and she was eating and drinking and pooping! I know in her case she was scared and in a new space and it was so different than her own home. But, the angst I know and completely understand in your case. Perhaps trying rubbing her lips with some baby food would at least give her a little nourishment????
I am keeping both Annie and you in my prayers.
(and the test results were GOOD!)
Fr. Tom Fish said…
Annie is one lucky kitty to be loved so much! I'll be purring and praying for both of you!

Hugs,
Tom
xoxo
Karin Parker said…
If only they Annie could talk to you and tell you what is up. I don't think she's hiding to punish you or for a grudge - I think she just needs some time alone. And she just wants her own space for a bit.
For encouraging reluctant eaters I put a whole chicken in a roasting bag with some water, roast it so it's mushy and then take off the meat, add the juice and blend it. WHile it is warm, few can resist. Thinking of you. Punpapippuri's Äiti x
Give it more time for the antibiotics to work. I have had some kitties be on them for 3-4 weeks to lick a really hard infection. Annie may just not be feeling well if she has an infection. I hope the appetite pill helps and nice of the vet to rerun the tests for free. Still sending light and love to you both.
Felted House said…
I'm so very sorry to read Annie is so poorly, I do so feel for you as it only seems like yesterday I was going through Newton being ill and not eating, for very different reasons, but I haven't forgotten how stressful it was waiting for him to have even the tiniest mouthful. Appetite pill worked for him. I've hardly had any chance to look at blogs since my mum just deteriorated all over Christmas and passed away recently, There's only me to sort things out so it's all a bit overwhelming, so I don't expect I'll be in blog land much, but I'll try to check up on Annie to see how she's doing, and I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you xxxx
Hannah and Lucy said…
I'm so sorry to hear Annie is still not eating - is it this type of antibiotics that don't suit her - just a thought. We just hope tomorrow she will show an interest in some food - some times I will give sardines and this will get a response.
Purrfect Haven said…
we are all purring for Annie and hoping with all your love directed at her she gets better. Love Darcy, Bingley and Helen xxx