I Can't Think of Pithy Post Title

I really can't, I'm stumped. This is just an update, miscellaneous items.

I had a great long Easter weekend. Could have done with the Monday off too, as shops were closed both Friday and Sunday.

I got everything done I had wanted: The priming and painting of the vanity (put three coats on it, looks fresher, now I want a nicer counter top), the guest room closet painting, errands on Saturday, even reading time in. Plus a friend and I went for coffee on Sunday--Starbucks was open of course. He had a good idea as to what to do to give the sides ("arms") of the stairs a more finished look, so when he takes me for paint on May 7th, I'll get the trim too. It's lovely of him to do that, saves me the $50 delivery fee on about $30 of trim. Coffee's on me this time!

My Easter Sunday choice of food! Never mind how many additional scoops of topping I added after I took the pic!

Mr. Handyman has not been back. He was going to pop over Saturday AM to go over what I want done, but it was pouring rain, really nasty, so I told him to wait for a dry day. I must email him to touch base, find out when he's available.

Work's okay, the usual. Except I (and another co-worker) got my new computer yesterday. The tower, if you recall, not a new monitor. Towers are pretty cheap these days, and the campus computer store doesn't stock many, as most staff/faculty opt for laptops now.

I did some of the set up yesterday (always a pain to have to install the software and customize everything), more today. Then our building's IT guy, who really is very laid back and accommodating, came down to work on a few things. He'll be back tomorrow AM to finish off. Unfortunately, all the time I spent setting up my profile was wasted, as he had to create a network profile for me. So I was left having to customize yet again. At least all the software already was loaded, it was just a matter of pinning things to the taskbar and start menus, customizing the look of the desktop, transferring files, etc. I have a few more things to do, but mostly am ready to go.

The boys seem fine, knock on wood. Interestingly, on Saturday, just before heading out for errands, I got a foot cramp and was doubled over, making loud "OW" sounds, when Nicki came running over to me, purring at full volume. That's the first time I can recall one of the boys coming to see if I was okay--that was Annie's job. Mind you, my tears don't bring either of them to check on "mom!"

And there were lots of tears yesterday, with Sweet Praline's passing (for those of you who participate in the Cat Blogosphere). The decision her mom had to make brought back the situation with Annie, so it was doubly hard.

I'm reaching my saturation point with all the cat blogs I follow. Maybe trying to follow several hundred isn't a good idea after all. I'm feeling burned out trying to keep up and comment on everyone's post, every day. Which is why I've been doing very little of that for the past several days and don't even feel like doing a new post for the boys. So I'll see how things go there. I wouldn't stop blogging, but I might need a break.

I don't think there's anything else to cover. Ah, the minutiae of daily life.

A few more snapshots from Good Friday's walk in the neighbourhood.
Blessings and Light to All Beings.

Comments

Katnip Lounge said…
Minutiae is what make up life...
I'm curious how the cabinet came out as I need to do something with the one in the master bath...pics?
I'm like you and follow so many blogs, I have cut down my commenting by about half. I just couldn't keep up and I was getting a complex about it. After my surgery I took a break and rarely commented at all for five weeks and it made the transition easier.
Gosh, I miss robins! We don't have them here.
My Mind's Eye said…
Oh what a lovely bowl of strawberries and cream...and it is a healthy dessert too. LOL
Extra cream is allowed since it is on fruit.
Hugs Madi and Mom
Old Kitty said…
What type of bird is that?? It's lovely!!! I like that bird! Oh I just read MomTrish's comment - it's a robin!! Beautiful big robin - British robins are tiny and round!

Yay for Nicki!! Awwwwww your boys love their mum!!

It's so sad about angel Sweet Praline. Awful.

I've not joined any more new blogs for a long time now. I am very loyal to the ones who followed me from early last year though, but no more! It's all I can do to keep up and as most of my commenting happens at work, it's got so tricky sneaking in a comment here and there! LOL!

Whenever we have an upgrade at work, the IT guys (I've only ever had one IT gal but she left a long time ago!!) take over your desk area and sit there for hours until all is done and dusted. Then of course you spend the next hour or so ringing them up saying this bit doesn't work now and where has that bit gone to? :-)

Awww strawberries and cream. Yum.

I hope the weather is calming down now. Glad to see these floral shots amidst such green! Good luck with your painting! Take care
x
Ellen Whyte said…
Busy, busy, busy! It's not snappy, but it's apt.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I like to read as many blog posts as I can. But I mainly respond to the ones who leave comments for me. If I have some extra time I will try to leave more comments, but I do not stress about it. This is relaxation for me. Normally it is, when there is a loss like Praline, then it's not relaxing, it's painful. Something I would never have expected in a million years.
Glad you were able to relax and enjoy your weekend and that you got your "chores" in and also some special time for you.

xoxoxox
Tracy said…
So, let's sit down and have a bowl of berries and cream together? They look delicious...and it sounds like life is just happening and things are moving along! That's not always a bad thing--title or no title! nothing wrong with Miscellaneous!
Lisa Kolosey said…
Kim, you do so much! I think a break from the CB will help keep you sane. I feel the same way...especially when we lose a kitty. I've taken many breaks from the CB and just had to change my approach to the whole thing - Blogging Without Obligation and all. I barely have time to do any commenting since I've been unable to comment at work like I used to, and my own kitties seem to really need my attention these days. Mostly Snafu - who is eyeing my dinner right now just to get my attention.

Thanks for your comments today on my human blog. Clearly there is a need for a place to grieve and vent.
~Lisa
Anonymous said…
I love the fact that you added more topping to your strawberries after the photo because I was thinking "is that all the whip cream she puts on???" hahaha!!

Looks like you are having some lovely weather there ~ the little robin makes me happy. It's finally getting warm enough for them to be popping over to my house too.

Oh yes, so many lovely blogs, so little time. It's hard to keep up with everyone.

Blogging should give us no guilt ~ for where is the pleasure in that?

Take care and rest up!!

Sending you extra hugs!! xoxo
xo Catherine
Teddy Westlife said…
Kim, I'm just catching up on the news and I wanted to say that if you're not enjoying cat blogging now, take a break. Cut back on the commenting. I take a week off occasionally, just because I don't want to visit everyone and I can't think of anything to say on Huffle's blog. Don't let it become a chore.

And I hope Harry will be okay! A busted pelvis is very painful and takes a long time to recover from, even when healthy. He's going to need some serious care to get over it.

Happy weekend to you!

Hufflemum Tracey