It's a Handy Weekend
Though Mr. Handyman isn't doing work here this weekend.
No, he stopped by yesterday to put another coat of mud on the two kitchen ceiling spots that are being repaired. One of the two was a bit of a mess--air bubbles--so he had to take the tape off and do it again. He said he wouldn't charge me to come back and finish that off, which is fair.
Then we discussed doing a few other things re: trim and stairs; he has some ideas on how to finish things off. So he'll be back again in a week or so, to go over what he'll do, the kind of trim I need to buy, etc. He offered to meet me at Rona one Saturday AM, so that I bought the right stuff. I didn't think to ask if I would have to pay him for his time. If so, he can just tell me what, specifically, I need, and I'll go up myself.
In the meantime, I've started painting the guest room closet. I put the primer on this morning, but oh, it stinks. Even I, with my lack of ability to smell, can tell there's an odour. I've left the window open in there and closed the door, will just have to hope the boys aren't sick from the fumes.
I also got a small can of primer than can be used on either latex or oil-based paint. I can't replace the bathroom vanity at this time, so I thought a quick coat of paint and some new door knobs might perk it up. Maybe it wouldn't cost too much for a new counter top for the vanity, and some new taps. I feel like I need to do something in there. The vanity light that I wanted (at Rona) was sold out today, more's the pity, but I'll check back.
I expect Sunday will be more of the same. Maybe I'll get the green paint on the closet walls...maybe not. The two back rooms are in chaos right now, with stuff moved out of the one room and into the other, so the work can be done. I'm getting tired of the clutter and disruption, and this is just a small project. Can't imagine what it must be like for people when they do serious renos. LOL.
Have a handy weekend, everyone. :-)
No, he stopped by yesterday to put another coat of mud on the two kitchen ceiling spots that are being repaired. One of the two was a bit of a mess--air bubbles--so he had to take the tape off and do it again. He said he wouldn't charge me to come back and finish that off, which is fair.
Then we discussed doing a few other things re: trim and stairs; he has some ideas on how to finish things off. So he'll be back again in a week or so, to go over what he'll do, the kind of trim I need to buy, etc. He offered to meet me at Rona one Saturday AM, so that I bought the right stuff. I didn't think to ask if I would have to pay him for his time. If so, he can just tell me what, specifically, I need, and I'll go up myself.
In the meantime, I've started painting the guest room closet. I put the primer on this morning, but oh, it stinks. Even I, with my lack of ability to smell, can tell there's an odour. I've left the window open in there and closed the door, will just have to hope the boys aren't sick from the fumes.
While at Rona, I splurged on a closet organizer. They were having a sale today anyway, 15% off your item of choice. I'll have Mr. Handyman put this up when the painting is done, because he'll be faster at it than I will be, and he has a handy laser level/guide.
I also got a small can of primer than can be used on either latex or oil-based paint. I can't replace the bathroom vanity at this time, so I thought a quick coat of paint and some new door knobs might perk it up. Maybe it wouldn't cost too much for a new counter top for the vanity, and some new taps. I feel like I need to do something in there. The vanity light that I wanted (at Rona) was sold out today, more's the pity, but I'll check back.
I expect Sunday will be more of the same. Maybe I'll get the green paint on the closet walls...maybe not. The two back rooms are in chaos right now, with stuff moved out of the one room and into the other, so the work can be done. I'm getting tired of the clutter and disruption, and this is just a small project. Can't imagine what it must be like for people when they do serious renos. LOL.
Have a handy weekend, everyone. :-)
Comments
And your handy handyman!
I think all this disruption will be worth it when in a few weeks' time you'll have your before and after shots! :-)
Good luck!! Take care
x
And you are 100% correct; I'll never forget the summer of 118 degree temps and a wall torn out of out great room. Renos are hell!
http://cabinets.rustoleumtransformations.com/
Also, I have never heard of Rona, we have Lowe's and Home Depot and Ace Hardware and that's it.
Have a great Sunday!