Tell me why I have to be the adult?

Tell me why I have to be an adult and suck it up all the time? You know, pull on the big girl panties? Because really, sometimes I just feel like hiding out for a while and pretending the world and my responsibilities don't exist. Just for a few days.

Am I the only one who feels like that, even at my age? LOL.

Nothing serious going on, I'm not having a "bad" day, just would like some down time.

Which I'll get with Dad's visit, since he'll be here next Friday. I'll be taking the week of June 20th off and I'm not checking my work email! So there!  :-P

As for a few other things...

Here's the ginger cat I thought was abandoned or neglected and took to the humane society last year--long story. It's somewhere in my blog archive, so I won't rehash it. I won't even bother looking for the links. Obviously he's still around his home and doing okay. I snapped this a couple of days ago, walking on that street.


Also snapped that day, a couple of garden ornaments added to a lovely front garden. The home owners have put a lot of effort into their front raised bed over the past few years and I like to walk by to see what's new, snap any new blooms. No blossoms this time, but I saw these:


And finally, a couple of poor snapshots of Toby (the Tobster, Tobers), eating breakfast. He's still showing up every day. He eats two 185 gram tins plus dry, and the other day he ate 2.5 tins. Once in a while he'll come for supper, but not often--at least not when I'm still up. He prefers the canned, but someone eats up all the dry I leave out at night. Either Toby, another stray or maybe raccoons.


Niko, the neighbour's cat, had a terrific nip fest the other day, with some fresh nip I brought out for him, but I'll save those pics for another time.

I hope everyone has some great plans for the weekend. I'm meeting a friend for coffee and a bit of shopping, have to tackle my filthy oven (yay!...not) because I'd be embarrassed to have my dad see it, do other cleaning and make a run to the Evil Empire (a.k.a. Wal-Mart). Fun, fun, fun. LOL.

Universal Blessings and Light to All Beings.

Comments

Katnip Lounge said…
Y'know, sometimes I wonder why I was in such a hurry to grow up! I LOVE time with my parents and letting them take care of me. Not that Scott doesn't (he's the best) but being a kid is different.
Random Felines said…
I have been known to have those - thankfully I get quite weekends sometimes and just refuse to go out or answer the phone.

Great garden pictures - wish I had the space and the ability. :)

Me? I gotta clean the bathroom.... those kittens are trashing it. :)
Old Kitty said…
Yay for adorable Toby!! And beautiful Niko!! And raccoons!! You have raccoons?!?! Wow!!

Awww Kim!! I hope you get to throw and burn those big girl panties for a bit!!! I have this method where I do all the grown up awful stuff once a week and when it's all done, I shove all paperwork and all things responsible under the table or in a drawer and for 6 days just be my silly self! It doesn't always work that way but I try to keep a few days a week (oh yes!!!) being not 41 going on 42! LOL!!!

GOOD LUCK tackling your oven!! I find brillo pads work beautifully!! :-)

Enjoy your weekend!!
p.s love your neighbour's garden!! I always like it when people make the effort with their little bit of earth! Take care
x
Lisa Kolosey said…
I love other people's gardens! I get all the joy and beauty and none of the work :).
Have some chocolate and everything will be okay!
~Lisa Co9T
Anonymous said…
I think we all have those days where we would like to throw our own 'pity party', crawl back into bed, cover our head and ignore the world!! And that's OK!!!

Hopefully you will have a terrific weekend ~ after all ~ tomorrow is a new day!!

Love your new flower header ~ so pretty!

xo Catherine
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Sometimes it just feels like everything is conspiring against you, and you just want it to stop. We all feel that way. No matter the age you just want whatever it is to go away. Thankfully you have a weekend to unwind and restore your spirit. Enjoy your weekend!

xoxoxo
Boom Nisanart said…
Puddy's mom is here !
I just think the same thing as you yesterday : ) Just because I was so lazy to do things !

And LOL for Mr. Toby the raccoons ; )
You feed him well, He is a lucky cat or raccoons !
I can't leave the food bowl outside any more even for Puddy. Because it was cause so much fight for Puddy, He got fresh scar everyday, Finally my husband not allowed me to put the food bowl outdoor. Now..Peace, Puddy didn't get hurt and didn't hurt any cats. For me, I have to keep up this way ! For Puddy, his territory is a big issue !

But Cats around my place, they have owners. It's really rare to see stray.

Your garden is so nice and I hope you have a good weekend.
xoxo
Boom Nisanart said…
PS : You are Aries, You can't get away from being a kid !
We are a baby fire !!! We always being kid no matter what age : )
Josie said…
I still think like that, tho I'm sure I'm closer to being a 'kid' than not :P

I call Walmart "The Store That Does Stuff"
Great way to 'code talk' at work...since I work at a food co-op and Walmart is the epitome of 'evil'. Sadly...it's pretty much the majority of what I can afford. >.<
Pia K said…
gosh, i feel like that all the time, being a grown up isn't much fun actually... the "responsabilites" have a way of wearing one down in a way one didn't realise once upon a younger time. sigh.

some days a great, some days not so much. i really wouldn't want to be a kid or teenager or 20 something again, for all the hardship they will probably go through. i think life and matters will only keep getting harder for everyone. so for that reason i'm grateful for being me in the here and now of circumstances.

if this comment made any sense;)
Purrfect Haven said…
you are not alone dear, I... and others above (to name a few, I suspect)... wonder about growing up, feel fear ... wish they could retreat and be childlike again. I am trying to live for the moment, milking it for simple joys and most of all appreciating and spoiling my loved ones. Love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xxx