"I did it my way"
First, thanks so much for the comments of support...I'm much calmer today. Felt really uncomfortable yesterday and was panicking quite a bit, till I realized the exam probably was responsible for most of the discomfort, something my cousin reminded me of via email later in the day, when she read my post. (And if ever there was a resilient, courageous woman, it's my cousin, who has successfully battled breast cancer, including two mastectomies, and who still is dealing with health issues that entail more surgery this summer, as well as further surgery related to reconstruction down the road. She is an amazing woman, a true hero, IMO.)
Anyway, I'll shelve my panic until (or if) the situation requires it, and just wait to be called for the ultrasound.
Now, I'm proud to state that I managed to assemble the Ikea bureau I bought in Ottawa the other week, all by myself. It's certainly not the first piece of Ikea furniture I've assembled myself, but I recall that Dad I struggled with the same kind of bureau a couple of years ago, when I picked up two of them. So I was anticipating difficulty, particularly with the drawers and runners.
Well, it all went smoothly, and on the first try too.
Usually I end up putting a piece on backward or doing something else incorrectly, and have to take it apart, but not this time. I just cranked up some classic rock on the radio, armed myself with the necessary tools and a big bottle of water, and went to work. Took me a couple of hours, I think -- I wasn't timing it -- but that was okay.
"I did my way!"
More to the point, I did it by myself. :-)
All the pieces are laid out.
Uh oh...This doesn't look encouraging!
Nicki limbered up in anticipation of helping. He ended up leaving the room and going downstairs to nap, which was the best possible help he could give me. LOL.
Getting the first pieces in place.
Derry, meanwhile, stayed clear. Maybe he was channeling support to me via psychic ability.
The frame is done...Maybe the tape on the back was supposed to go on the outside, but it didn't seem so from the instructions. Well, no one will see it, anyway!
One drawer assembled.
The finished bureau. I know the Malm bureaus are inexpensive, but the storage certainly is welcome.
At least I accomplished something today. It's far too hot to be traipsing around outside--the humidex is 36C or so, which is 97F. So I think some iced tea and a book are in order for the rest of the afternoon.
Stay cool, everyone. Or warm, if you happen to be in the southern hemisphere!
Universal Blessings and Light to All Beings.
Comments
I would KILL to have an IKEA nearby...Los Angeles is too far.
I love your cousin!! She truly is a true hero!!! You'll be fine Kim - darn it!! You will, you will! Take care
x
Keeping busy is a very good way to keep our minds off of our troubles. But with health being so important, it's hard not to fixate on it.
Sending you good thoughts that everything is OK!
xo Catherine
It is so warm here...my mum posted on our cousin's fb page that next week is supposed to be worse. I'll have to have a change of clothes or something...Nordic Fest will be in town; I will be a puddle by the time I get to work.
Hang in there, Kido. Light be with you, just drink it in.
I hope your ultrasound appointment comes soon, and things settle down.
Hugs to you.
Julie and Poppy Q