My Mental Coutdown Is On

Two weeks today and I'll be half-way to the train station in Ottawa, then headed by plane to Halifax. Home again on the 16th, I hope and pray (no more hurricanes/tropical storms to disrupt travel, please).

I'm already mentally wringing my hands about leaving the boys--I know they'll be in good care with my co-worker; she's the only  person I trust and she's going out of her way to stop in and feed them twice a day. (S, have I mentioned you'll need to scoop the litter boxes too? LOL.) But this will be the first time I've left them for more than one night--and that one night was only once. I don't want to leave them again! They'll manage just fine, though probably will be a bit bored and restless inside the entire time. It's me who will be thinking of them every day I'm gone, which rather spoils travelling anywhere. I didn't used to be this way, of course, used to look forward to little adventures, but that was before I had fur kids.

I'm not even going to contemplate actually having to strap myself into an airplane and cruise at 30,000+ feet above the earth. ::Shudder::

So my mom will have to forgive me if I'm not anxious to travel...I'd much rather be able to teleport instantaneously back and forth. How cool would that be? Pop in for a cup of tea once or twice a week, come home to my own bed. Yep, that's the one super power I'd love to have.

Barring that...Looks like I actually have to pack a bag and go.

I really need to get drugs for this.

Quick snaps of the morning sky last week,
as I was walking to the bus stop.
Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.

Comments

I so know what you mean about a transporter. My husband loves to travel but I'm sitting there worrying about the kitties. And yes, I know full well that I'm getting the worse end of the deal, the cats are home and happy, and I'm all worrying..

Safe journeys..
Old Kitty said…
Come on Star trek scientists get on with it!

I do hope you get instant updates on the fur kids when you go!!

Hugs!!

p.s. I do remember someone recommending Bach's Rescue Remedy once when I was very anxious over something. It did cheer me up somewhat when I read the ingredients though. In amongst the herbs and good things was erm.. alcohol! Yay!

Take care
x
When Mom has to be away from us, she always takes along a picture of us in one of our cat frames. It helps her, maybe it will help you? She too really hates to be away from us.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Oh Kim I know how you feel. I have only been away a handful of times in seven years from the kittykids. This last time that we drove up to see my brother I took Abby and that nearly became disastrous.If I ever need to go again, I may try to leave her at home, but I will be very worried. She is so spoiled and only eats for me, but I suspect she would eat if she were really hungry.
I know the boys will be well with your friend, but it's hard and I completely understand your feelings.
xoxoxox
Ellen Whyte said…
Have a good holiday. Maybe you can Skype the cats???
Anonymous said…
Rescue remedy is good and so are photos, so is 'borrowing' cuddles from random cats at your destination :-)
Have a lovely holiday xxxooo
OMG I sooo understand how you feel! when I left for BlogPaws I cried like a baby. It was the FIRST time I had EVER left cody and Dakota overnight since we got them 4 years ago.

I was certain my husband would kill them (accidentally lol)

Also...I am sooooooo not a fan of flying. I can never read on a plane because I get too nervous. I think it is the control freak in me (or that is what my husband says). I don't like the idea of someone driving so high up in the air and I can't see them!

My flights were fine, I am home safe and sound, my boys are fine and I am sure you will be fine too!

Love the new look of your blog too!
The Cat Guy said…
being away from the kitties is never easy. but they always seem to manage fine when i'm gone.

have a great trip!
Pia K said…
as long as the seast aren't of the miniscule no-room.for.legs kind and the flight isn't too long i love a good flight (part from the environmental issue of it then). i'm sure the flight will go well, the boys will be well and yes, all will be well, you deserve a little break, i hope you're able to enjoy it as much as possible! :)