This Oscar's Not a Grouch

Nope, this Oscar's not at all like the endearing Sesame Street muppet.

I met this Oscar for the first time yesterday, on my usual neighbourhood route. It's handy to have the little Canon Elph with me at all times, but with only a 5x zoom, I don't get decent close-ups unless the object or animal is, well, close. LOL.

But after I had been crouched down for a moment, trying to get a non-fuzzy snapshot, Oscar trotted over for some lovin' and belly scratches. Then it became impossible to get a half-decent pic because he was too close!

He has beautiful, soft fur, by the way, and certainly looks to be well cared for.
And how do I know his name is Oscar? Well, his tag, of course. :-)

He was quite insistent about having scritches until a car passed by and scared him back to his driveway, whereupon he seemed to give me a dirty look, as if to say the disturbance in his petting was all my fault.

Yes, Oscar, we humans know that anything that disturbs a Cat is our fault.

Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.

Comments

Old Kitty said…
Awwww beautiful Oscar!!!! Glad he is savvy enough to run to his driveway at the sound of cars! Clever boy!! He's lovely!!! I'm so glad you go walkies with your camera - otherwise I'd not see such gorgeous kitties and flowers!! Yay!! Take care
x
Anonymous said…
Oscar looks like a very happy kitty ~ it's always fun to give scritches to happy recipients!
xo Catherine
Oscar is quite a handsome boy! I do have a "thing" about cats walking down the street where there are cars...people can do what they want but I personally hate it. I worry sick about cats that do that.
Ellen Whyte said…
We like Oscar's mustache. It's furry cute.
Pia K said…
haha, what an adorable expression and face he has! the perfect cute meet:)