Mahone Bay Part 1

The down side to a vacation, even a mere week, is coming back to work and being swamped by paper and by "to do" items. This is pretty much the first breath I've managed to catch all day, and I'm hopelessly behind on Cat Blogosphere posts, though I did mange to visit a number of blogs yesterday. Not today!

So, back to the holiday pics and Mahone Bay on the Tuesday. I took quite a few snapshots, so will break them up into two or more posts. And of course I'm not posting them all, just select ones. Remember, I just had the Canon Elph, these are not "photographs." LOL.

It's a small town, or perhaps village, very quaint, lots of tourist shops. Would have been lovely had the sun been shining, but it still was nice. Pics are mostly in order of being taken.

Coming in to Mahone Bay
 We had lunch here, wonderful fresh fish. Yum!
Some of the houses and shops along the main street.
This is a private residence. Note the object on the front walk, painted orange.
 I thought this was very creative!
Another example of the shops along the main street.
Pretty fall decorations.
I wonder how it's decided whose house/shop will be painted a certain colour!
More another time--a quilt shop that Mom wanted me to see, and a lovely tea shop too. Plus a few more harbour pics.

Duty calls, folks. Can't ignore the paid work. LOL.

Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.

Comments

Old Kitty said…
Wow!! I love that the houses are so vividly colourful! How brilliant is that?!?!? It puts shame to the very grey weather!! Wonderful! Love the orange kitty! LOL!!!

I also like how the side door of the "have a yarn" shop is about a foot up from the ground!

It's a very very pretty place - the houses really make it!!

Hope the to-do pile is now under control! Yay! Take care
x
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the mini-trip! I loved it!
Josie said…
Lovely snapshots! Thanks for sharing :)
wildcatwoods said…
Makes me miss home - Massachusetts - the houses and villages are the same - just like New England. It looks lovely. Never did get up to that part of Canada. So glad you got to get away.
Pia K said…
looks like an adorable town! love all the colourful houses and that creative orange cat garden ornament, fun:)