The Neighbour's Cat is Okay!

The neighbour just came to apologize for her two crazy dogs barking almost ceaselessly Saturday afternoon, evening and well into the night. I had put a note on her door at 10:15PM, indicating they were upset and wondering if they had run out of food and water. Turns out she was away in Ottawa and her 29-year old cousin (old enough to be responsible) was supposed to have spent the afternoon/evening with them (i.e. the dogs), but of course didn't.

So while we were chatting on my front step--and I can only think it must have been terrible for her to even knock on my door, given that we're not chummy neighbours--I asked if Niko had gone to "cat heaven," because I hadn't seen him since Thursday morning.

No, no, Niko's okay--he's in her basement, having 6 days of dewormer meds.

*Whew*!

I really was leaning to her having had him put down, but I'm so glad he's fine, and I mentally apologize for thinking that she could be that callous. Presumably I'll see him outside later this week.

Anyway, I've been meaning to write about "Peaches" since last Thursday, but with one thing and another haven't gotten to it. Maybe tomorrow.

A nipped-out Niko, on my front step this past June.
Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.

Comments

Random Felines said…
Can we just say that some people shouldn't have animals? That being said, we are glad Niko is OK. ;)
Katnip Lounge said…
Seconding Random Feline's sentiments!

But glad Niko is OK, and ridding himself of his worms...eeewwww.
Kea said…
She said the fecal sample she took in didn't show anything, but ugh, what was that little flat, white segment with a "head" that I saw out his bum the other week? Bleh. In any case, he's been eating birds and rodents, so deworming won't hurt him.
Old Kitty said…
Oh those poor dogs and Niko too!! Awwwww!!! But at least Niko is ok and getting de-wormed and hopefully the dogs are happier now that their mum is back. Your neighbour is really lucky that you care for her animals' welfare! Yay!!!

Aww but I'm soooooooooooo glad Niko is ok! thank goodness.

Now as for Peaches...!!

Take care
x
E. Smith said…
What a great photo of Niko! So glad that he's okay.
Kwee Cats said…
Just add us onto what Random Felines said and Katnip Lounge seconded - we third it! And whew! We are so glad Niko is still with us and getting some care.
Janet NZ said…
I can't tell you how happy it makes me that Niko is safe!
I've just used a flea treatment on my pair that has removed the hair on the back of their necks... and Yoshi has scratched the area and made it bleed!
There surely has to be something that won't hurt them??
Does anyone have any ideas??
Janet NZ said…
Thanks Kim - I just checked the label - it is Frontline Plus, I bought it at the pet-food store.
I HATE it when my darlings are hurt - and it hurts me that I DID THIS.
you would have a real field day living by our Dakota...we call him "Bob Barker" BOL!