It's always scary how life can change so quickly
I got a call from an out-of-town friend this morning, at the office. Her 85-year old mom, Anne, had a heart attack yesterday (plus has pneumonia), and their hospital transported her from their town about an hour away to our city's cardiac unit. The friend will stay with me tonight, then head to Ottawa tomorrow morning to pick up her sister and bring her back. Beyond that, I don't know what's happening, or even what the prognosis is.
I haven't seen Anne in quite a few years, but I remember her well and hope she can pull through. She's a tough cookie, but age is a factor, and she's had other health issues recently too.
I guess this post is just a reminder to savour those "strawberries," (see yesterday's post), because the "tigers" are ever-lurking.
BTW, I'll apologize here, too, for not being able to leave comments right now on all the blogs the boys and I follow. I know it's "blogging without obligation," but I still feel guilty about being too tied up with other things.
A "bird's eye" view of Santa's village at our mall, snapped on November 20th. I was there before 9AM and Santa already was hard at work!
Sending out Universal Blessing and Light to All, and asking for Mercy for the suffering of All Beings.
Comments
I love that bird's eye view of Santa's Grotto!
Take care
x
January is my anniversary month. Six years ago that I woke up from my coma. Relearned to talk and walk.
I sometimes forget that it even happened. I've gone on with my life like it didn't.
Your tiger story is so true. Always waiting but why not enjoy while you can.
xo Catherine
I hope you get a good visit with your friend!
Oh and Nicki and Derry do a wonderful job helping changing the sheets! Nahum loves to help us with that chore!