2012 Beckons

So we come to the end of another year, already. Usually I look back at events that have occurred in my life during the previous twelve months, but I really don't want to do that this time. 2011 soon will be gone and I'm not sorry to see it go. What amazes me is that I didn't bottom out and end up back on drugs. Well, there's always the new year to look forward to. Ha.

I don't know what lies ahead for any of us. I'm long past the illusions of youth wherein I believed there's meaning and spiritual lessons in all things, wherein I believed everything would be okay, would work out just fine in the end. The reality is that life throws sorrow and suffering and loss at us all, it's unavoidable.

However, my wish for us all for 2012 is that the universe grants us whatever it is we need to meet the challenges ahead, and survive, even thrive. I wish, for us all, an abundance of laughter and love and Light, of mercy, of peace, of good health and healing. I wish that Joy outweighs sadness by far.

Thank you for sticking around for this tumultuous year, for helping to see me through. I don't feel that I'm thriving, but at least I'm surviving.

Blessings and Joy to you all.

I'll leave you with a few more snapshots from Thursday's jaunt down by the waterfront, taken with the little Canon Elph. See you in 2012.  :-)


Comments

Old Kitty said…
Oooh I do like the birds action shot! Nice!

Happy New Year, Kim!!

I never look back on the year gone - it's just not worth it for me - things happened, I dealt with them, I've moved on, all's done and dusted. All I know is I did things the best way I knew at that moment and not hurt anyone (well hurt me maybe but that's allowed!) - well not deliberately! Whoops. Moving on swiftly.. now onwards to tomorrow!

I'm coming across bloggers who have already mapped out their 2012. I'm just amazed. I can't do that. How do you map out 12 months of your life yet to happen?!?! LOL! Then again they're the ones who will reach the stars maybe leaving the likes of me still looking on bewildered! LOL!

Roll on 2012! Whatever it brings, may it make all of us better people and at peace with ourselves!

See you next year too!! :-)

Take care and Cheers!
x
Kea said…
When I was younger I used to say I'll do x, y, and z. I used to set goals, make plans. Some of which came to fruition. Some not.

But since my late 30s I've been unable to look ahead and focus or plan. I have a hard time even looking ahead a week, never mind 12 months. I rather think we're at the mercy of the fates anyway--"the best laid plans of mice and men" and all that. :-)
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Odd that anyone would plot a course that they really have no idea on where it's going?!?!

I do believe as we gain experience the better we see that there is no roadmap of life. You just follow along the path, stumble, fall, get up, move on and keep walking.

I hope that 2012 is kind and forgiving to us all and that we are able to sway with its punches.

See you next year!
Xoxox
Katnip Lounge said…
Here's to a serendipitous 2012, and the wherewithal to recognize joy and savor it while it lasts.
My only goal is to make it through to the next day. That is enough.
vic said…
Just a thought and unsolicited advice at that.

Your photography is really quite good. Have you taken courses in photography or do you just have a good eye for it? Have you taken any courses on utilizing computer programs to enhance/change digital pictures. It's really amazing what can be done and I would think it could be really interesting to learn more about basic techniques and ways to make changes. It's so much easier now to really experiment with all this digital stuff to demystify the process.

Is there a photography club in the city where you live. There is one here with a large group of amateur photographers who meet monthly, socialize, and critique each others work. They sponsor exhibitions etc. That sounds to me like something that you might get a lot of pleasure out of as well as giving you the opportunity to increase your knowledge of photography and meet new people with similar interests all at the same time.

I know, I know, unsolicited advice is worth the money spent on it but it might be something for you to think about and investigate.

All the best.

Victoria
Anonymous said…
Bummer on your TV breaking down. Hope you find one at a good price soon! Wishing you and your fur babies a beautiful 2012!
xo Catherine
Clooney said…
Other than Inka passing away in late 2009, 2011 has been the darkest year for me. An astrologer I like said that in 2012, I need to be able to thrive on not knowing exactly where I am and find a way to feel completely at home in the wilderness. Seems fitting. May 2012 be brighter and lighter for us both. Happy New Year Kim.
Ditto back at you! Happier 2012
Frank's Corner said…
Happy New Year! Your photography is lovely and you live a such a beautiful place...two wonderful blessings. I hope your coming year is filled to the brim with beauty and ease.
MTVA said…
Happy 2012, may it be filled with good health, happiness and lots of cozy snuggles with your beautiful furry boys.
Pia K said…
i wish you a joyous new year, i hope it'll bring many memorable times and that it will indeed let you thrive not only survive!!

i will now read back through your post, i've only glanced here and there in blogs lately, but i remember i ear-marked some posts i wanted to say a few word in. i'll work my way there now...:)

<2 the photos in this post btw, the favourite is the one with the headstone and the wind turbines far away, i do adore wind turbines. and this one also gives a sense of old and new, the past meets the future. a great new year's photo!
Janet NZ said…
Surviving... beats the hell out of ...not... if you know what I mean?

And - I really like Vic's suggestion. You have a great 'eye' - and it's something you like to do...

Sometimes it's someone with a bit of 'distance' who can see things we miss about ourselves...
Happy New Year, my friend.