What? We *Don't* Close at Noon on Friday?

Gees, talk about Scrooge and Bah, humbug! But apparently we don't close at noon on Friday because it's not actually Christmas Eve.

Eleven years I've been here and I would swear we close at noon on the last day before our holidays. Though not last year, I'm told. (I wasn't here, so certainly wouldn't remember.)

Okay, maybe it was the previous two Principals (since I've been here, I mean) who graciously closed the university at noon that last day.

Like anyone is going to be here? Or working if they are?

Well, I won't be here regardless, as I've got one vacation day to use up.

Heading in to work, at 6:45AM one day last week.

On another note entirely, I had a haircut on Saturday and my stylist was booked for a C-section this morning at 8:30AM. Her baby (first child, a boy) is/was breech, with his head stuck under her right ribs. I really hope all went well and that they're both fine. I told her I'd always remember his birthday, as it's my mom's birthday too. (Happy birthday, Mom!)

As for my hair, well, I really don't want to see anyone else, so had her lob a couple of inches off with the hope that the short cut will carry me through till March, when she starts working again. 

Ah, vanity....

Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.

Comments

Old Kitty said…
Who are these bad people changing working practices at a whim?!? In all of academia here - the last working day before closing - regardless of whether it's Christmas Eve or not - finishes at noon. To change it is just petty and nonsensical. Raspberries to them all! :-(

Awww HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to your hairdresser! A Christmas baby is just lovely!

Happy birthday to your mum! Take care
x
The Cat Guy said…
I'm amazed at the glorious pictures you take. You have an eye for capturing the natural beauty around you - I'm a bit envious - I need to be more attentive to such things.
Katnip Lounge said…
Time to invest in a headband or two!

Happy Birthday to your Mom...I imagine your boys are READY for wrapping paper and ribbon!
Admiral Hestorb said…
Happy birthday to your mom..and I hope the boys got her something. If nothing else tomorrow they can gift her with the Tuesday tussle!

If my hair were cut 2 inches I'd have cardiac arrest. :-)))
Ellen Whyte said…
Have a terrific Christmas! And hope you get that Friday off...