"That Ain't Much of a Life"
So said a woman who passed me by yesterday, walking in the other direction. I have no idea if she was talking on a cell phone (didn't notice one in her hand, but she could have been hands-free), if she was talking to one of the voices in her head, talking to me, or if it was a comment on the paramedic SUV and ambulance that were trying to find the right driveway to turn in. But I wondered how many of us echo that sentiment.
"Toes are the worst" is another quote, overheard on the last bus last Friday afternoon, spoken by a young girl/woman who could have been anywhere from mid-teens to late 20s. She was in the seat ahead of me, talking about mangled toe nails growing back in. Eeewwww. Some things just should not be discussed in public, IMO, whether that be via cell phone or face-to-face.
I really do my best to ignore most things being spoken around me, but sometimes you just can't tune them out.
Toby came for supper last night, surprisingly. He normally doesn't. I suspect he might have hung around on the step for all or most of the night. :-/
He got his breakfast this morning, of course. Two of them. And he "helped" me shovel the snow from the driveway before I left for work, once he got over his fear of the shovel.
Poor Toby. He does break my heart, because he's such a sweetheart. I wish he would use the shelter I put out for him, but there's never been any evidence that he has (i.e. fur, wrinkles in the blanket). At least we've had a mild winter by our standards.
I'm debating what to do about the boys' blog. I don't want to give it up entirely, but am not sure I want to continue as part of the CB, with all its inherent obligations. Because it does come with obligations, being part of a community, whether that's on-line or in person. Vote for this, support that, join this contest, add that badge to your sidebar, on and on, endlessly. I don't believe in posting as part of it and not being an active participant, though I know many do. I'm thinking about setting up another blog for the fur family elsewhere, no comments permitted, no followers per se, just for my own pleasure. I'll see how I feel as winter slides into Spring. A fresh start might be just what I need in that regard.
I hope everyone has a lovely, colourful day.
Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.


Comments
I too have thought about stopping blogging too as it is rather a burden. I'm on FB now and that is much easier to handle ~ there are no obligations.
Jan x
on a packed train from this woman on her phone standing by the doors (I think she thought it'll give her some privacy!).
Woman on the phone talking very loudly: You mustn't tell anyone, right, not a soul, it's just between you and me, it's a secret, no-one must know but Alex is having an affair with Jez. Yes! I've seen them! But no-one must know, it's a secret! Don't tell anyone!
LOL!
Awww yay for Toby!! Glad he's around and being just lovely. He sounds like he's doing ok and it's nice he knows he's got a friendly face in you! :-)
I hope you do continue to have a blog for Derry and Nicki that I can follow! LOL! It's nice to see them and you take brilliant pics of them too!
This blogging is so weird! I mean I'm absolutely enjoying myself and am totally into blogging but I do think it tends to take over.
I think that's why I only put up blog posts once a week now. Next step for me is to try my best to wean myself out of commenting daily too! LOL!
Anyway - let's hope Spring hurries up and shows herself! Take care
x
I'll miss Fuzzy Tales if it goes away, but you need to do whats best for you.
But I can totally understand about how the obligations can sneak up and overwhelm you. Fortunately I've had practice with fostering in learning to say "I can't do it all, so I'll just do what I can, and what brings me happiness and joy"
and I don't believe toes are the worst.. knees are.. but that's just me
Sounds like there's a bit of a black cloud hanging around. We wish we could help.
I'm glad Toby is still around. You haven't mentioned him here lately (or Niko)...
I don't participate in everything that comes my way and I doubt that everyone else does too. I view the things that come my way as suggestions. If they interest me, strike a chord with me, or pertain to me I will participate. If not, so be it.
With all due respect, if you were to start another blog with "no followers and no comments" what would be the point? Unless you are planning to use it as an online diary. If not, it's like talking to yourself :)
You know I love you and would HATE to see you go!
Good luck on deciding on what to do with your other blog. I have a hard enough time trying to keep up with one ~ I can't imagine having a 2nd or 3rd one! :)
Hope you are having a happy week!
xo Catherine