I confess I left a note in a pretty card

I wrote Anne (think that's the step/mother's name, but am not sure) a note in card this AM and put it in her mailbox, for good or for ill. Didn't have a blank card, so did one of my floral snaps with a photo card.

I thought I was tactful, wrote that I didn't want anyone to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable, but that they all should know there's no sound-proofing between the units, particularly now with the absence of carpeting for sound absorption. I suggested area rugs might help with that.

Then I wrote that it seemed they had some serious blended family issues and I could hear how difficult things were for her. That we all live without much privacy in close quarters and that I hoped we'd be good neighbours. I added that if she ever needed a break for a cup of tea, a glass of wine or a shot or rye (and I added an "lol") she was welcome to knock on my door.

I don't know if she got the card or read it, and if she did, I'm almost 100% certain she'd never knock on my door except under duress. LOL. I just really wanted to let her/them know, without having a face-to-face confrontation, that their drama is not playing out in a bubble. Though they'd have to be utterly dense not to realize that by now, so perhaps they don't care.

By the way, the tantrums are an almost-daily occurrence, including at bed time, but last night's decibel level crossed an already-high limit.

At least one of the kids is home right now, with one of the parents, but so far there's no screaming, just normal life "noise," which isn't an issue.

So we'll see.

Comments

Old Kitty said…
Wow!!! Well I think you have to tackle these things now rather than let it fester! But you are so good! Me - I confess now - I fester!! LOL!
Hope Anne the mum takes it in the spirit it was written!!

Take care
x