This is the day which the Great Mystery hath made
This is the day which the Great Mystery hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. [Edited to reflect my view that the human mind, bound by ego, cannot understand or define cosmic consciousness. But whatever one's beliefs, this definitely is a day to rejoice. :-) ]
So this is a bit of Monday mish-mash.
First, it's glorious out. Absolutely. Glorious. Ridiculously warm for March. Yesterday's high near the Lake was 17C, and it was warmer inland. Heaven help all our plants if we get a freeze, because our normal daily high temps for this time of year are about +4 or so Celcius. It feels like April or even May. My hostas are sticking their "noses" up out of the ground already and my wild ground cover is coming up.
I got my lawn chairs out yesterday. The tussles for the preferred throne have started, I've scheduled a post for tomorrow over on the boys blog.
Nicki's sniffing things out while Derry has claimed the "throne."
The blue lawn chair was in the corner by the gate.
The blue lawn chair was in the corner by the gate.
Second, I happened to turn the TV on yesterday afternoon and stumbled across PBS's re-broadcasting (from the 1980s) of Joseph Campbell's The Power of Myth. The interviews that Bill Moyers did with him. I hadn't seen those episodes in so many years and was lucky to catch the final two or three. I wish I had known they were on, I'd have made a point of tuning in earlier.
I have to admit that the two great influences on my thinking when I was younger were Richard Bach in my teens and then, in my 20s, Joseph Campbell. I could have watched him all day. It was just what I needed to hear and see yesterday, perfect cosmic timing.
Third, I had blissful peace and quiet most of yesterday afternoon. The "fleas" and their parents were out. Saturday I think they were home all day and oh, boy, were they hyper. The father was BBQing on the deck on Saturday evening, actually, and I went out to persuade Nicki and Derry that the new neighbour(s) wasn't a monster. Managed to coax both of them out. Chatted with the guy for a few minutes, mentioned that I had been at Rotary Park/Lemoine Point that morning and that Rotary Park has a fabulous play set-up for kids. Trying to subtly hint that they ought to take the kids outside to burn off their energy. Beats me where they went yesterday, but it was just such a relief to come home from morning errands and have things quiet. I had been mentally cringing on the way home from Wal-Mart. My dwelling always has been my haven and while I don't mind normal noise (that's to be expected), the screaming and thundering around those fleas do inside the house really is disruptive, at least for me.
Well, it could be worse.
Could be much better, but could be much worse. :-)
Fourth, I've not seen Toby in a few days. I'm putting food out per usual and some of it is being eaten, so he might have changed his schedule. It's not unusual that this happens, he's "disappeared" for up to several days numerous times. I know he's not out making babies anymore; I just hope he's safe and well.
Fifth...Well, there is no fifth. This is enough rambling anyway.
I have two and a half hours or so before I can leave the office for the day and I really think I must walk home--it's too nice to bus.
Happy day, everyone!
Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.

Comments
Awww brave Nicki and Derry!! Glad they have you to look out for them!
Oh Toby! Hope he's well!!
Off I go to read up on Joseph Campbell now as I've not really heard of him and am most curious!!
Take care
x