The toxic waste that was supper
Okay, when a plastic container states the food item can be heated in an oven or a microwave, you might want to either keep an eye on it or stick with the microwave.
Just a suggestion.
Because I had picked up a container of shepherd's pie yesterday at a grocery store deli counter, while getting salad stuff, and thought it would do for supper, since I hadn't taken anything out of the freezer.
Heat in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes, it said. Or microwave.
Well, it was only lukewarm after 15 minutes in the oven yesterday evening, so I put it back in and cranked the oven up a bit more.
Mistake!
When I went to check, of course the plastic had melted and "supper" had oozed into the toxic mess. Yum. It probably stank to high heaven too, but of course I can't smell, so wouldn't have been able to tell.
I had cheese and crackers to eat instead. And some leftover rice.
In my defense, I do believe that's the only time in my life I've had that happen to me. And the package did say oven!
Derry looks like he could be saying, "Gees, that reeks, lady!"
However, the pic was snapped earlier this month.
However, the pic was snapped earlier this month.
Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.
Comments
Now I'm like, actually,yes please!!
Oh I hope you have a nice supper tomorrow! Derry's looking gorgeously puzzled as ever! LOL!
Take care
x
Plastic in the oven sounds like a recipe for a mess. I would think heating plastic to high temps would release it's toxins. Cheese and crackers sounds like a safe bet, especially if it's Cabot cheese!