Whatever you want, I'm not interested
There's a fellow about my age who takes the bus at the same time I do in the morning, at my stop. He has a young daughter from a previous relationship that he's trying, through legal channels, to see. (I saw them together once and it's very obvious how much he loves her and she him.) He's quite creative--makes stained glass ornaments and lamps, does leather-working, bought himself a heavy-duty Kitchen Aid appliance recently and makes his own bread and cinnamon buns, etc. Creative but not focused, perhaps, given that he has an admitted history of job-hopping. He's a bit rough, certainly has uh, lived.
He has zero interest in me and I have zero interest in him. He did have a thing for my former neighbour, who herself was about a size zero. The one with the two scary dogs. He'd almost salivate when she'd go by in the mornings, chat with her if he could and "subtly" ask me questions about her.
So I'm at a loss to understand why he bothers to keep "hinting" or outright asking to get together if I'm not doing anything or, as in yesterday via email, if I'm going to Lemoine Point again. (I gave him my email so he could send me a link to his stained glass web site. He had suggested I take a look, in spite of the fact that I said I can't afford his work.)
Creativity aside, I don't have enough in common with him to want to spend time with him, and I can assure you we don't share common values, especially when it comes to four-legged animals. That alone is off-putting.
I'm not going to spend time with someone just so as not to be by myself. I can keep myself entertained quite well. And I'm certainly not interested in the reverse--being contacted by someone just because they're bored or lonely and I'll "do" until someone better comes along. Ugh. I had that with the putz, thank you. I've already ignored a couple of his more recent emails; isn't that hint enough?
My time is precious to me. Unless I meet someone (female or male) I really, really click with (and I mean for friendship only), I'm not going to expend the time or energy.
And the next weekend that I decide to go to Lemoine Point I'll be going by myself, thanks. I don't like to go with other people when I have my camera, I want to do my own thing, go at my own pace, lie on the ground and take pics of fungi if I want to and not feel I have to rush. Uncompromising, that's me.
And glad of it.
Sunrise sky snapped through an office window with the Canon Elph in "flower" mode (more vivid) yesterday AM. Unfortunately there's a bit of window glare, but that serves me right for being too lazy to step outside of the building.
Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.
And glad of it.
Sunrise sky snapped through an office window with the Canon Elph in "flower" mode (more vivid) yesterday AM. Unfortunately there's a bit of window glare, but that serves me right for being too lazy to step outside of the building.
Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.
Comments
I so agree though - artists work so much better alone. :-)
Take care
x
And love the sunrise pictures.
Just fabulous.
xoxoxo
How about making some reference to the fact that you 'bat for the other team'.. might help him get the hint you aren't interested :)