Yep, it's Monday

It's been a typical Monday, what with my coffee-spilling this morning, dropping Toby's kibble all over my front step at 4AM (in the dark of course), miscellaneous small "challenges" to get out the door to catch the 6:15AM bus, then not being able to get down the step and away from Toby, who was in the mood for cuddles, plus dropping one of the Easter cards I'm sending to a family member in Toby's water dish. Oh, and putting my foot in my mouth (in a small-ish way, I do hope) at meeting this morning (not just our staff, we're part of a larger group), and so on.

Just a series of trivial things that provided a bit of normal silly Monday frustration. Including being back in long johns due to the abnormally cold temps today and tomorrow.

Toby, by the way, has had a sampling of shredded and chunky food in gravy and now refuses to touch the paté he's been eating for the past three years. Yep, he's now become well-fed and finicky, a far cry from the starving cat that would eat whatever I put out for him, in three times the normal quantity.

One strawberry for the day: My bank mortgage rep emailed me out of the blue and said that because they have another time-limited super-low fixed rate, we could redo my mortgage (again) and get it down from 4.19% to 3.21%. Well, that was a no-brainer, so even though I just did this in January, I left work a bit early and went to sign the papers. Cuts another 11 months off the amortization period, so that's great. Does nothing for me in the short term, of course, but certainly benefits me long term.

And that was about it for Monday. I walked to the bank, noted lilacs starting to bud, daffodils and hyacinths in bloom. Hope they all make it through this cold spell!

Late March 2008
Late March 2009
Late March 2010
Late March 2011 (no floral or landscape pics)
Late March 2012 --Well, you've already seen lots of blooms.

The snapshots are a bit misleading, because even in the previous years there were lots of spring flowers pushing their way up through the ground at this time of year, and snowdrops and crocuses were in bloom. Just not other spring flowers. And lilacs usually bloom in early to mid-May here, they're not supposed to be budding at the end of March.

Now if only our temps would go back up again. I want to be back in short-sleeves, not layers, winter coat, scarf and mittens.  :-)

Happy Monday, everyone.

Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.




Comments

Old Kitty said…
Oh Toby!! LOL!! Great to read he's getting quite a sophisticated palate!!

Oh Mondays should be banned! LOL! But good news about your mortgage!

Apparently our mini-heatwave will expire come Friday when the weekend will be back to normal temps, ie. not warm (but probably warmer than your temps!)! I cant' get over how crazy the weather's been. I do know what you mean (re your earlier post) about the poor flowers coming up early though (as well as the birds and all the other creatures dependent on the weather) and how the sudden change in temps will affect them! Dear oh dear! Come on Mother Nature, make your mind up! LOL!

It's always nice to see gorgeous Derry and Nicki! Yay! Take care
x
don't kill me but the cooler temps are far more normal. The super warm weather was just freaky and NOT right!!!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
GOOD thing --- Monday is over!
Hope tomorrow goes better.
Am so glad that Toby is back even if he is picky!

xoxoxo
E. Smith said…
Blah! Monday's are tricky sometimes. I hope the rest of the week is an easy one.