The body is weird and wonderful

Okay, well, this might be a bit too much info, but last year, around May/June when all my groin and odd abdominal issues started, I also noticed I had two growths on two adjacent fingers. Warts, I guess. (That word is so disgusting.) Nothing took them away, not over-the-counter topical stuff (that just burned the skin off), not eating coconut oil or applying it topically, not tea tree oil.

But a few weeks ago I started taking probiotics, just one a day with my evening meal. (I had tried taking them three times a day several months ago but ran into difficulties with that recommended dose after four days, so discontinued taking them.)

Anyway, after watching a recent episode of Steven and Chris, wherein a nutritionist was reviewing which vitamins and supplements were good to take and which really were a waste of money, I started taking the probiotics again. But just the one per day.

Last week I happened to notice that the growths on my fingers were gone. Well, one is gone, one almost entirely gone.

I just think that's absolutely weird and rather amazing, that some sort of inner imbalance could have caused this.

I'm also wondering if that same imbalance was the culprit for some of the abdominal weirdness last spring through this winter. (I really think the physio has helped with a lot of it, that it was referred pain from my back.)

Maybe my lesson is that I ought to have gone to a naturopath instead of a regular doctor! The only issue there is that going to a regular doctor is covered under Canada's health care system, of course, but going to a naturopath is not. Still...If I ever again have something that's unidentifiable via regular medical tests, it would be worth it to seek alternative health care.

So I'm wishing everyone a healthy Monday and week ahead. Take your probiotics. LOL.

Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.

Comments

Tracy said…
Oh goodness, I too think the body is a marvelous thing...thinking of all the things that could go wrong and don't; just miraculous! take good care :)
Old Kitty said…
I am so tempted to try probiotics - just the once a day thing! It looks like it really helps with internal balance! Hmmmm!! I might try for a week or so and see what happens!

I think there's definitely something to be said for them if they seemed to have helped get rid of the w-a-r-t-s!

The body is truly amazing - if treated well it's the most perfect living machine going - all is catered for and replaced and rejuvenated and healed - but only if it's in perfect tip top completely pristine condition! Which none of us modern humans are really! LOL!

Take care
x
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
That's great!!!
The older I get the more I want things done naturally!
xoxoxo
Anonymous said…
Sometimes non-medical treatments are best and it's hard when it's sometimes a simple difficiancy in our system that is giving us troubles. My son has problems with warts on his feet. (Even having them surgically removed only to have them come back.). So what exactly are you taking? Maybe I should buy him some!
xo Catherine
That is so interesting!! thank you for sharing that. I'm not that great at taking my probiotics but I do drink a lot of kombucha and kefir.. so I figure I'm not doing too bad..