It's a whole lot more "nothing" on TV now
The cable guy showed up at 2PM, just as I wanted to watch Steven and Chris, of course. No matter, they're in reruns now anyway.
So, now that I have the high-def "value pak," I see there's just a whole lot more of "nothing" on TV. I am looking forward to HGTV and Discovery again, though--it's been 10 or 11 years since I've had those channels. Ditto for A&E. Right now I can't believe I have a Star Trek: TNG rerun on. Boy, did Gates McFadden ever have a lot of botox. Or maybe it was a full face lift. LOL. My ex and I were big into Star Trek, in all its incarnations, but for me, that was a long, long time ago and while I think of the shows fondly, I can't say they turn my crank anymore. (BTW, my favourite was DS9, because it had a darker, grittier edge to it, and often had a continuing storyline.)
Anyway, all I can say is that I'm glad I'm not paying more per month to have these extra stations than I was before!
And I didn't do all the productive cleaning I had in mind to do today, having to be house-bound. Though I did clean out and reorganize my main level coat closet, scrub the bathroom and vacuum top to bottom. Not nearly what I thought I'd achieve, though. However, I'm half way through shelter kitty blanket #21, so the day hasn't been an entire waste. Plus I ate an entire thin crust pizza (just grocery store bought). That's currently sitting on my waist. :-P
Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.
Comments
Anyway!! Yay for the Cable guy!
Take care
x
(and I really love HGTV and lately Food Network)
xoxox
Ironically, as much time as I spend at home, I don't watch HGTV. In fact, I don't watch any TV during the day. We watch the network police procedurals, Castle, NCIS, CSI, Bones, Hawaii 5-0, Blue Bloods, etc. I don't know how many US programs you get, if any, in Canada, but there's some great programs here. On cable, we stick with USA and TNT, and Eureka on Sci-Fi. There's just too many channels and programs for 4 hours a night. We tape every night and watch previous programs. We can watch four hours of taped programs in three hours. We catch up on the weekends.
In time, you'll find programs that you enjoy, but it's mind boggling while you're searching. Good luck.