Mid-Week Musings

"Funny" how the week crawls when one is headed to a long holiday weekend.

I had a few happys yesterday, besides the yummy Lindt dark chocolate truffles (on sale!) I bought:
  • We had a glorious day, absolutely perfect weather and temps.
  • The mom next door was heading to the park across the street with the kids when I got home from work, so I had a while to myself with no noise and chaos, a blissful way to unwind from the day. It was  a different story later, but for that time the peace was wonderful. I wanted to ask if they were going away for the long weekend, but thought that might be too obvious.
  • HealthyPets.com was having a one-day sale (I'm on their mailing list), so I ordered 2 boxes of Purina's FortiFlora (one box lasts both boys 2 months) and 3 packages (120 each) of the Vetri-Science Lysine treats. I already try to give the boys Lysine every day, but it's iffy whether Derry will eat the canned with it in it, even though it's only mildly salty in taste (I've tasted it). So, for not much more than I would pay for one box of FortiFlora here (from the vet), I'm getting 4 months' worth of that, plus almost 6 months' worth of the Lysine treats. That was a huge happy. And bless her, one of the wonderful Cat Blogosphere members is sending it all to me (I'm having it shipped to her, in the States), for far less than the approximately $40 shipping the web site charges. She's been beyond kind, as I've ordered quite a few pet products lately and have had the companies ship to her, then have had her ship to me. (Of course I reimburse her for shipping!)
  • I found the high-def TV channels on my "dial", after what, three? weeks of having switched to the HD Value Pak our cable company offers. LOL. It was by chance too. And here I had been looking at some of the stations and thinking, gee, the picture quality isn't any different, what did I pay for? Goes to show how TV-savvy I am. Not. Oh, and there are many more music channels that I realized, too, which is terrific, a real happy for me, since I don't have an iPod or decent stereo system.
  • For some reason, I really appreciated my hot shower last night. You know how we just get into our routines and aren't in the Present Moment--that's just life. But once in a while we "wake up" and seem to fully experience the simple, normal things we do. And hot running water has to be one of life's real pleasures.  :-)
So nothing grand, just the usual run-of-the-mill stuff, but a good day yesterday and a quiet morning here at the office today.

I'm sure if the boys could, they'd say hi and give you all head-butts. Okay, Nicki would; Derry would be under-the-bed. 

Nicki in the greenery yesterday, not thrilled with the camera.
 Derry enjoying the sunny late afternoon and ignoring the camera entirely.
 Taking way too many snapshots of my bleeding heart.
I hope everyone's week is going smoothly.

Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.

Comments

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Stillness is wonderful.
I noticed you have an interest in Eckart Tolle, I do as well. I discovered when reading Jackson Galaxy's book that he uses some of the same ideas -- and also he used the word "stillness" referring to staying in the moment. Ah if it only so easy. I know our minds know we only have this instance right here right now, but staying focused in that is hard. But, I understand the logic of it, just find the execution of it difficult. No matter how hard I try.

Continued goodness!
Random Felines said…
not a bad break to the week. :) Love that blissed out expression on Derry's face - maybe we should all take a hint.
The Cat Guy said…
I connected with your last thought, about being Present. That is something I love about the cats, they want my full attention. I try petting them and looking elsewhere and they bite my hand! I try playing with them and doing something else, they walk away. They clearly say: Be fully present or no deal. Presence is a big deal!
Old Kitty said…
Yay for snatches of calm, chocolate, kitty bargains and fabulous CB! Great too that the weather turned out well. Sunday here was PERFECT but all's changed again and we're back to wet, cold and grey! LOL!

Awww gorgeous shots of Derry, Nicki and your perfect bleeding hearts!

Take care
x
you know what they say? Simple pleasures are the best!!

I also think that BOTH Nicki and Derry would DEFINITELY give me head butts because they know that I am crazy about them!
I love the flowers and love Nicki and Derry lounging in the greenery. Great photos.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you've had a pretty week ~ and yes ~ it does always seem to take longer to get to a long weekend. Why is that?

Cute photos of the kitties and your bleeding hearts!

Happy Thursday!
xo Catherine