Thanks...And I'm Sorry.

I'm sorry for last night's terrible rant; I removed that post. I know it's my blog and I can write what I want, but really, all that negative energy doesn't help anything, least of all my own state of Being.

But man....You know, yesterday, while the boy was screaming at his mother about one thing or another, the father started to say something to him and the kid shouted back, "SHUT UP! I'm not talking to you!!!" This actually happened more than once, and the parents let him get away with it.

Is this how people parent today? Because no matter what a child's label or diagnosis/misdiagnosis, I'm of the opinion that that kind of behaviour is unacceptable. Hence my previous comment that this kid needs parents with "balls." 

Oh, btw, they own the unit, they're not renters. Neither parent is happy with the purchase and I know they don't want to stay more than a couple of years (if that). But unless they buy out of the city on several acres of land with no nearby neighbours, they're going to run into noise issues. And unless that kid learns different coping skills, there's not going to be any place for him in the world as an adult, except in an institution of one sort or the other.

Anyway, the perk to being up so early every morning is that the neighbours are quiet at 4AM. I've got my cup of coffee, jazz is playing softly and Mr. Robin has just started to sing his little heart out.

Moments to be treasured.



Comments

gee wiz you are being tested aren't you...sending you some peace and quiet on this Victoria day!
Karla
Old Kitty said…
Oh Kim! I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I mean I think you are being a good neighbour befriending the mum but your peace and sanctuary are being shattered and you are entitled to these. There doesn't seem to be an easy answer except for the family next door to truly seek help - I mean proper help as this screaming and behaviour ain't gonna go away and for the two years or so they hope to be there before they move on, you all need to be able to live together. Oh dear!

Hugs, hugs, hugs! Take care
x
Karin Parker said…
I'm really sorry this is happening. I read your post yesterday and felt helpless. I was wondering if there is any way you can report your neighbours. I know that probably sounds awful, particularly as you are working so hard to be friends with the mother. But I was wondering if you could seek advice from the city (we'd call it the council in the UK) or the police. If this does go on for a long period of time. authorities normally want a log of what has happened so that they can take action and I wonder if the sooner this is started the better. Even if they own the place maybe they can be fined ? I know this probably sounds really mean but it's obvious it is having an affect on your own stress and well-being, and that has got to be worht preserving at all costs.
Hugs x