When did having animal companions become so complicated?
I got the book I ordered today: Homeopathic Care for Cats & Dogs: Small Doses for Small Animals, by Don Hamilton, DVM.
Flipping through it, reading the section on cystitis, just adds another layer of confusion to the subject and makes me aware that the Natural Pet product available here at a local pet supply store is mostly useless, except perhaps for one or two ingredients. And shouldn't be given long term at all. And also makes me realize that the product I've ordered from PetAlive and thought would be okay for ongoing support, as it claims, really isn't. One of its three active ingredients, Berberis vulg, can cause bladder irritation if given for more than a couple of weeks, and is intended for kidney pain, not bladder inflammation.
Well, hell's bells.
When--tell me when--did it get so frickin' complicated to share one's life with animal companions? When did it get so expensive? When did it become more than food, water, love, play time, clean litter and an annual vet visit?
Because right now I'm frustrated and fed up beyond belief. You're damned if you try something, damned if you don't. It's ridiculous. I love my "boys" dearly, I would prefer they be healthy and happy and with me for at least another decade, if not more, but this. is. ridiculous. No matter what I do, it's the wrong thing, obviously. Grrrrr.
Just venting.
Universal Blessings, Light and Mercy to All Beings.

Comments
We all do just the best we can.
There is just so much that is hard to know it all.
xoxox
Sorry, I'm just in a mood this evening. Perhaps "off" because we visited our boss....He's pretty well, but you can see he's tired. Still planning to return to work next week, though. Doesn't yet know the results of the biopsies that were done, though the surgeon seemed to think they got it all.
Which is totally off topic, but yeah, definitely affecting how I feel right now.
Hoping you find an answer!
xo Catherine
One book or one company will tell you one thing because their research told them one thing, but others will disagree either because their research tells them something else or because of how it works on another animal or us humans. There is almost nothing that one expert or another can't argue for and or against. chicken is good right? well chicken is a pretty well known allergin. etc.
it sucks. But it is life