Another mouth to feed

Yep, another kitty on my doorstep this morning, a small long-haired black one, with a fluffy tail. Or looks black at 4AM. I've actually seen him/her before (as well as a short-haired black one), but s/he has never approached until today.

I stepped out and put Toby's wet and dry down, and he had just started to eat his canned, when up came the other cat and settled in beside him, eating the dry. Toby left his own food and came to me, and when the other cat moved to his canned food, Toby let him/her eat it. Which meant I went back in for another can of food and another plate, specifically for Toby.

I have no idea if he actually got to eat that serving, so when I was leaving for work I put a third can of food out for him. By then the black one had gone.

Obviously this little black one isn't feral, or s/he wouldn't have come up on the step with me right there. But whether s/he is a stray or someone's roaming kitty, that I don't know. There are some cats that Toby fights with, but he seemed unconcerned about this one. I actually don't leave food out during the day or overnight anymore because of the cat fights.

Anyway, I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow morning!

Toby back on May 19th, still hanging around my fence.

Comments

Katnip Lounge said…
You know about the invisible sign in front of your house--FREE EATS--only cats can see it!
We have one too.
*sigh*
Katie Isabella said…
Oh Toby..and your friend too. You are so fortunate that your friend Kim loves kitties.
The Cat Guy said…
Toby brought his friend, how sweet. Can't wait to see a picture of this new kitty. Very nice of you to bring out extra food.
Random Felines said…
paws crossed that maybe this baby has a home....if not, we hope maybe you can help. :)
JC said…
It's nice that you feed the stray or local cats. I did that at my other home but here in the woods, I haven't had any visitors.

Thus, I feed the birds instead.
Kea said…
Yes, paws crossed this one has a home for sure.

My neighbourhood is a step up from welfare housing, but not THAT far up. And while I don't see or interact with many of the neighbours, because of the schedule I keep and because I tend to be quite reclusive, I can't imagine many being willing to take in a stray cat.
Old Kitty said…
Awww! First it's great to see Toby - terrific too gorgeous Toby! :-) And second - awww he has a friend! LOL!!! A friendly friend!! Let's hope this one has a home (fingers and all paws and bendy bits crossed!!)! Take care
x
Toby is very handsome. And very nice of you to feed the extra guys. Another star is waiting for you in the next life - whatever that is. Funny you should mention another mouth to feed. One of our foster cats had 10 kittens Saturday night. Now, THAT'S a lot of mouths to feed. I just posted pictures on my blog.