Haven't got the knack of it yet

The hair, I mean. (Well, life in general, but most of us can say that!)

My layers are too long to let air-dry, as I discovered this morning. Hence the need for the straightening iron, then the curling iron, and then the straightening iron again, to get it looking worse than it did before I had it cut.

Ah, vanity.

But hey, I get to try again tomorrow!  :-)

On another note, Rian over at Older but better...? has a "place" she goes to when she needs to get away from her reality, a "place" called Bailey's Cove.

I suspect most of us have a real or imagined "place" we go to when we need a respite from the craziness of our own lives, but I love how she's actually got photos that are close to what she imagines.

So with that in mind, I had done a bit of image surfing last week and come up with these, though not with a name for my "place." Most are wallpaper images, unless noted otherwise.

 This is in Dorset, England, I believe
 Don't have a location, just in England somewhere
Are you detecting a theme? Woodlands, meadows, streams, and rolling countryside. That's what my soul longs for. That's home. Maybe I should change the name of this blog to A Life in Exile. LOL.

And I found these house pics on a new-to-me site, www.houzz.com:

My preference actually is for a bungalow and a lot of land, but I haven't yet found a pic of a bungalow that comes close to what I have in mind. Of the two homes above, I do prefer the second one, though wouldn't say no to the first one by any means.

I'll have to keep browsing images when I get a chance; it's actually kind of fun. And I like to think there's an alternate reality where "I" am living the life I always wanted. 

With hair that cooperates. 

Comments

The Cat Guy said…
that sounds like quite the operation for the hair, I wouldn't have the patience!

Do I detect a move in your future? Maybe to England?! I've got my happy place, and it ain't anywhere close to where I'm living!
Kea said…
Nope, no move overseas for me.

I don't think most of us live in our "happy place." LOL.

And it's not England per se, I just like some of the geography.

In North America, the only place that calls to me is Vermont. Ah, if only that state were part of Canada.... :-)
Old Kitty said…
Oh The Hair! LOL!! But it's so worth the time and effort! I could spend days just messing with my hair until I'm happy with it! LOL!

Awwwwww! Dorset is very pretty - and has stunning seaside/beaches!

Now a cottage surrounded by woodland by a river - that is lovely.

You know my absolute dream place as a child? I wanted to live where Grizzly Adams lived - you know the beardy guy with a bear as his best friend? He lived in this cottage surrounded by stunning vistas. I always liked that! And the song:
"deep inside the forest, there's a door into another land. Here is our life and home. We are staying here forever in the beauty of this place, all alone. We keep on hoping...." Awwwwww!

Take care
x
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Having acreage is nice but a lot of work. LOL
A lot.
There are pluses and minuses.
Thankfully this summer I decided I liked yard work and have been working hard at taming many undisturbed flower beds. I feel like I have accomplished something.

If only a full time entity could be around to take care of all of the things that go wrong.

:)
xoxoxox
Kea said…
In my fantasy world, there's a landscape company. LOL. Though I would want most of the land wild, natural. :-)
MTVA said…
Try some pictures of the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, USA. Breathtakingly gorgeous, and what I dream about...
Poppy Q said…
My hair is always a pain in the first week, and then it settles down.

The pictures are lovely. We all need a dream spot like those.

Julie Q
xxx
Katie Isabella said…
The only time my hair looks good is when I come from the Salon. :-( I just don't have skills with it at all.
Rian said…
Thanks for the mention of Bailey's Cove. (I will stock up on coffee in case anyone shows up.) And I love your pictures... especially the 5th one with the small cabin and the forty shades of green. THAT looks like a magical place! And I agree that England has some beautiful countryside.
Anonymous said…
Those are some terrific 'get-a-way' photos you chose. I love the forest ones with the water. Dreamy!
Do't you hate it when your hair does't do what you want it to???
xo Catherine
I think we were separated at birth. My dream is a good sized cabin in the woods, next to a stream with rocks, ripples, and fish. Year-round temps between 25-70 with considerable snow in the winter. I alternate between the Pacific northwest, Montana and Maine. Maine would be a seaside house in a small coastal town where I could watch the waves crash on the rocks all day long.

We went to England in '06. They don't have extremes in England. It was pretty, but their hills are just little hills (we have the Ozarks here), their big trees are 30' tall, and the streams are slow and smooth. But they've got castles! I'd move to London in a heartbeat.