I miss all the fun

I was walking up one of the main thoroughfares after work, my usual route either by foot or by bus. There were two young people coming out of a pawn shop as I was passing by, she carrying a small dog, he swearing about something. I skirted around them, as they weren't moving quickly, and kept going.

Then I heard a short siren, just a whoop, whoop, as a police car zoomed by from the other direction, heading the opposite way I was. I turned and looked back and saw at least one plainclothes officer muscling a young man into an unmarked car, with the marked police car diagonally across the lane, blocking the way.

And I noticed the young woman with the dog walking on alone.

So I don't know if it was the guy she was with who was taken down (is that the expression?) or someone else.

I could speculate that the guy had caused problems in the pawn shop and that someone there pressed a silent alarm, but if so, I'm not sure how the woman (either late teens or early 20s) managed to escape too.

Gees, I couldn't have been even a minute ahead of the drama; just my (good) luck to have missed it. LOL.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my, that is intriguing!!

I like your new blog header pictures :)
Old Kitty said…
Blimey!! :-)

Take care
x
Kea said…
Someone at work suggested that the young guy had tried to pawn something that was stolen, which makes absolute sense, and very likely is what happened.
Anonymous said…
Isn't that always the way?
xo C
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Love the new header.
Just lovely pictures.

Wow that is one scene we are glad you missed.

xoxoxo
Yes, love the new header. I never see any good stuff, either. In MY scenario, he's running my way as the cops chase him, I trip him, they get him, and I save the day. Then I wake up.