A non-event, so far
In spite of dire warnings, so far Hurricane Sandy has been a non-event for us, at least in this little part of Ontario. High winds, yes, but nothing unprecedented, and almost no rain at all. I realize this hasn't been the case for others in the province, and of course not for millions of Beings along the U.S. east coast.
My thoughts and "prayers" are with everyone affected.
There's something odd going on next door...or not going on. It's quiet. Abnormally (for them) quiet. I haven't heard the kids since late last week, or the mother for that matter. A different truck is in the driveway, not the husband's usual work truck, though I know they have three vehicles, so it could be his third one (work truck, car, and maybe this). Sunday evening I heard a muffled male voice speaking to someone, but that's been it. I can't imagine those kids being quiet if they were home--unless they and the mother have been drugged into submission. They do have Halloween decorations outside, though, have had since early last week.
Curiouser and curiouser.
Now, wait, I'll have jinxed the peace and calm and it'll be back to "normal" this evening.
As for work, one of my annual projects is going...ssssshhhh!...smoothly! I can't believe it. Last year it was arduous and lengthy, this year I'm almost done already. This was the project I didn't think we could do by the deadline, so I'm super-impressed, especially with our senior data analyst who devoted a day to his part of it, in spite of all the other things on his "to do" list that are more urgent. Now I'm just updating our web site, and should be done well in advance (fingers crossed) of that deadline. Yay!
That's all the "excitement" at my end. Don't know how you stand it, reading these scintillating updates. LOL.
This is Lover Boy, a friend's cat. They're in the Montreal area. He was a rescue, one of the many strays and ferals she fed at her old condo. When she moved, he came with her. :-)

Comments
Um--do you think your neighbors are still alive? Just wonderin'.
I know *he's* around, though! :-p
Hoorah for your annual project!!!
Awww Lover Boy looking all intense is adorable! But what a name - just imagine at the vet's, the nurse/vet calling out "Lover Boy, please"! LOL!
Take care
x
Lover Boy is such a beauty isn't he?
Enjoy the quiet nextdoor. As I write this, the students over the back fence have their music up so loud, I can 'feel' it... and we have Guy Fawkes (fireworks) this weekend. The cats will be locked up safe each night, but they still hate fireworks...
Great news that you weren't effected by Sandy. Also, enjoy that peace! LOL about the body bag.
It is such a great feeling to get something done at work, especially something that you thought would take forever.