Is Adaptability Always a Good Thing?
I wonder if our ability to adapt to almost any circumstance in our lives always is such a good thing.
I'm thinking not of anything in my life at this time, but of the neighbours, of course. They were here over the Thanksgiving weekend, sadly. It wasn't so much the boy this past weekend, though, but more the mother and father. No need to go into details, but I cringe at the thought of being called as a witness for the prosecution at some point in the future.
Anyway, that made me think about how whatever we live, on a daily basis, becomes our "normal." We just adapt. But in abusive and/or toxic situations, whether they be marital, work, whatever, adapting and creating a new "normal" isn't a good thing, IMO. But we don't see that until we somehow have a life-changing "aha" moment and/or are out of the situation and past it.
We're all living "la vida loca," aren't we?
(I know my work week, even with the holiday Monday, has been crazy!)
Anyway, I have some pics from Monday's jaunt to the cemetery to post another time, will just leave you with these few, of the fall colours. Most of our trees turn a drab yellow or a blah brown, but some put on a show.
And a snapshot of Nicki yesterday evening, on his "birthday." I almost forgot to take any pics at all, so while he really was grooming himself, I fancy he's telling me off in this one:
Take care, everyone. Universal Blessings and Light to All...though I'm having great difficulty meaning that when it comes to the neighbours.
Comments
Regards your words about adaptibility, I agree with you fully.
Kitties grooming themselves are soooo cute, especially when you catch them with their tongue out lol.
I need to go out and find the red and orange trees I like. Lots of yellow and brown, but I prefer the range ones or orange red ones. Like flames.
Thank goodness for beauty in nature! Take care
x
And...how in the heck did I miss Nicki's birthday? OMC I am soooo sorry! Happy Belated!