Mostly MIA

I've been pretty much MIA from this blog for about a week. That's okay, no one has missed anything that I can relate in a public forum. (But the story from the bus driver who used to work for Ottawa public transit, involving a "bj" -- not his, another driver's -- a young woman who had a seizure in the middle of it, charges, firing and divorce is quite the tale. Couldn't make stuff like that up. Sheesh.)

I have nothing like that to recount from my own life!

Work carries on, I'm in the middle of another super-tedious annual project. So tedious it brings new depth to the word.

I was off Monday (vacation day), was very productive in the morning. What did I do in the afternoon? I wrote the numbers 1 through 49 in nice black marker on paper, cut them all out into individual squares, then tossed them onto the living room floor. The idea was to have both Nicki and Derry pick three numbers each, and combined they would be the winning lottery numbers. Ha. I couldn't get a definitive choice out of them no matter what I did. They were no help whatsoever, which perhaps is why I didn't have one number on last night's Lotto 6/49. Even tempting them with a lovely QUIET new home (did I mention QUIET), new toys and new kitty condos didn't persuade them to help me.

Nicki did his I'm-stuck-up-in-the-pipes thing on Tuesday evening, which most of you have seen via the Fuzzy Tales blog. Then Derry did his silly fall-off-the-railing thing last night. I'm accustomed to Nicki getting into "trouble," but Derry usually knows better (i.e. is too scared).

The neigbhours were just "lovely" last night, hence the overwhelming desire for something amazingly, incredibly, fantastically better, for our Highest Good (mine, Nicki's, Derry's, Toby's, and any other Beings in my conscious and voluntary care). Of course the Fates don't work that way.

I've had a two-day headache, but it will pass. I'm not thrilled with the time change (roll back), but that, too, will pass...in oh, four months or so. LOL.

And that's about it.

Except for the funny story from another bus driver here on Sunday: He had been on a downtown route earlier in the week and an elderly lady with a walker was trying to get on the bus, but was having difficulty. This driver got up and asked if she "wanted a hand," a common expression to refer to help, of course. She held up her arm...minus a hand...and made a joke that yes, she would.

OMG! The bus driver told me that was only the second time in his working life (and he's 63) that he's been speechless. LOL! Well, at least she had a good sense of humour, this lady, from what the driver said.  :-)

Nope, you can't make this stuff up!

(I have no pics of my own this month, just some poor cat snapshots so far.)



Comments

Old Kitty said…
A bj?!?!

I like your bus drivers! They've got tales to tell!! I'd file these somewhere - especially the lady who (literally) needed a hand...

I've done the lottery on and off for years now and the most I've ever won was £10 - that's for getting three numbers right. Sigh! But I like your method! I may try that with G&C! LOL! In my last job we tried to have a work lottery thing - but it disbanded most acrimoniously because there was one woman who insisted we get a lawyer to draw up a proper contract, another who left the job but still wanted to be in the group but never paid her share on time, quibbles as to how we divided up the meagre winnings at the end of the year blah blah! It was so silly!

Oh I hope your headache eases off soon. Booo to your neighbours!

Take care
x
I just wanted to thank you for your most recent comments to my blog...you always make me laugh and smile!!!
I have been busy so I haven't been around as much either and I apologize!
xoxoxo