Someone's getting big...
"Mr. Peanuts" is coming around again, or more likely, just showing up again in the early mornings, when I put Toby's breakfast out.
He's squinting from the flash (this AM). This was after he polished off Toby's canned food. (Because Toby has a nibble while I'm outside, then hangs around the back, either by or on my fence until I come out again to give him some attention.)
The last time I saw Mr. Peanuts he was quite slender and essentially a kitten. Now you can see his unneutered male face and heavy body. Likely he's more of a "Mr. Walnuts" now. ::Sigh:: He still dashes off when I come out, but doesn't go far. Maybe at some point I'll be able to get him and have him snipped. I really have no idea if he "belongs" with any (irresponsible) human or if he's on his own.
Hey, Tobes, you missed your breakfast. (I gave him another can, of course.)
And this was Toby yesterday morning, on my fence.
(Flash off, hence the brilliant yellow. Oops.)
And out front, after I chased him off.
Also in cat-related news, the homes for one of the managed feral colonies (just out of town) were destroyed yesterday, in a garage fire. I don't think that any of the cats was harmed, but I got an email (on a mailing list) indicating that the person who manages the colony needed replacement shelters asap. I recognized the name of the "manager"; she actually works on campus. So I emailed her directly and said that if I could help, I'd be more than happy to, though did say I don't have access to a vehicle. She replied this morning that the situation was under control, that she'd had a lot of people come forward to help. So that's great!
Still cat-related, I met this very talkative tuxie girl, with a super-thick tail, on Sunday, coming home after shopping.
She's quite well fed and has a lovely soft coat, so I'm 99.99% sure she does have a home, probably someone new who's moved into the complex. (I can't keep up, people come and go pretty quickly. Though my neighbours--not quickly enough.)
So lots of cat "news" that I wanted to post about. I could have done that on the other blog, I suppose, but I'm not much in the mood for cat blogging at the moment, not in the "voice" of the boys, at least.
BTW (and not cat-related), do you think I can remember what my home wi-fi password is? Ha! NO! So I can't get my Kobo to connect wirelessly at home, though of course can connect via my laptop. However, I brought the e-reader with me today and finally was able to connect to our campus wireless network. I really need one of those "pen" thingies, because it took me four tries to type my log-in id and password on the e-reader "keyboard." Sheesh. And the font size of the the actual log-in fields? What was that, 2 points? I'm sorry, I need a magnifying glass. Probably there's a way I can enlarge the screen text (and it's probably ridiculously simple), I just haven't figured it out yet. (Not the font size for the books, I know how to change that!)
But I still think my new toy is very cool! :-)
Comments
Know what you mean about passwords. I have 5 sheets of pw!
purrs
>^,,^<
✿•*¨`*•. ♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥✿•*¨`*•.
A stylus will help a lot.
That is so great that the woman who manages the feral colony received lots of offers of help.
At work, I have a ridiculously long list of passwords that I keep on a spreadsheet but I'm nowhere near that organized at home. Have fun with your new toy!
Now off I go to get my paper back book. No password needed there. Ahem! LOL!
Awwwww all these beautiful kitties!! Glad the feral shelter people and kitties are ok!
Take care
x
as for Mr. Walnuts, if he is owned I would bet money that the owners wouldn't even notice if you had him neutered..
My daughter keeps promising her Kobo but so far she hasn't transferred her books over to her new machine. I sure hope she knows how to change the fonts, because these middle ages eyes can't see the small print anymore.
Have fun!