Quick Toby Update

I just called and spoke with Meghan about Toby (10:40AM).

He's still at the clinic, has had all his vaccinations, ears cleaned, been dewormed, etc. He's still in isolation, in a large dog cage right now, will go to the barn with Meghan tomorrow, when she finishes work at noon. He's not happy about being locked up (what cat is?) and keeps trying to escape whenever someone opens his cage door, but he's been super-good, clean in the cage, no problems at all, no aggression, not even when doing the vaccs.

Meghan said she has the stall all set up for him now, and that she'll spend a couple of hours out there with him tomorrow, while she's doing her chores.

I asked if I could call back in about a week to see how he's going, and she said not a problem.  :-)

Fingers--and paws--crossed, guys.

BTW, we're slated for a winter wallop starting tonight, up to 25 cms of snow, blowing snow, etc. through tomorrow evening. Whatever happens to Toby now, I'm just glad he'll be out of the inclement weather, will be safe and warm and dry.

Image via a Google search

Peace.

Comments

Janet NZ said…
Peace indeed! She sounds like a lovely girl, and YOU did a fabulous job of teaching Toby how to trust.
The timing of all this is perfect. It is really nice to think of him being safe and warm during a cold snap. XO
John Bellen said…
You got Toby into shelter just in time. And I agree with Janet NZ: if it hadn't been for you, Toby wouldn't be trusting other humans, and wouldn't have been ready for his new life. Well done.
Kea said…
I think it's a bit premature to say whether he's ready for his new life. I can only hope he'll adjust and be "happy."

I remember the techs telling me, back in May 2011, that he was a good boy then too (when in for neutering and his rabies), he didn't make any fuss.

Anyway, I won't really have any peace about him until/unless I know he settles and does fine.
still purring and praying for that little guy. He must be terrified, all of those strange sounds and smells. Now that he is accustomed to being inside at the vet, I hope he can adjust to being back outside.....the barn will still be cold
Saku said…
I sure hope all goes well for Toby, he is a beautiful cat and deserves a forever home where he will be loved and cared for.

Thinking of you as I can tell you are feeling anxious...at least you cared, which is more than his original owners can say.

Also hoping your neighbours move...maybe they will tired of the snow!!!


I feel sure that Toby will enjoy being inside the barn instead of out in the cold and depending on how fancy the barn is it may have heat. I am sure it will be a snug and safe place for him and that he will learn to love it.

~Alasandra
Hope all goes well with Toby. ♥
Stay safe and warm whilst you get
walloped by that winter storm!
We are purring Toby adjusts to his new barn life. Hopefully he'll be content to live out his life as a barn cat where he is cared for and well fed. :)
Poppy Q said…
We hope you keep warm and cosy over the weekend and out of the storm. We are glad to hear that Toby is about to move to his new home. Well done Kim.

Julie and Poppy Q
xxx
Well, it sounds like Toby is disease free. What a relief! Kim, thank you for taking such good care of him! Be safe!
Random Felines said…
paws crossed - sounds like Toby is in good loving hands!! good save....

stay safe and warm - we didn't realize you were getting the white stuff too
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Keeping good thoughts for Toby and praying it all works out well for him. I am glad he is in a place where he will be out of the weather especially with this storm coming.
The Cat Guy said…
I hope all goes well for the sweet Toby boy. He sounds like he might have done well in someone's house, hopefully he enjoys the barn life.
wildcatwoods said…
Glad things are going well for Toby. I hope he adjusts and it is good he will be out of the elements.
Clooney said…
Purrs and prayers for all to go well with Toby and his new home, glad to hear all tests were good.