Bird Identification, Please!
Okay, guys, my entire life--well, since I was about 5 or 6 years old and lying in bed with the chicken pox--this has been my favourite bird song, but I've never been able to figure out what kind of bird it is. I once tried humming it to someone, but my humming was so bad they didn't have a clue. Someone must know, I'm sure it must be quite common and prolific, given that I hear it every spring/summer.
The video is a mere 5 seconds, just turn up your volume!
And as for continued signs of Spring, here are the tulips that were just in bud on Friday, snapped again this morning, when I was out and about.
Here's hoping for a crazy-free week. At least the full moon has passed. :-p
Comments
You can sing along too! :D
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/white-throated_sparrow/sounds
:-) I think!! It's that distinctive whistling sound and it's from Canada!
Take care
x
Looks like you have been enjoying some lovely sunshine.
Here's to a crazy-free week indeed!
xo Catherine
I thought I'd phone my brother tonight and play it for him. He was, in years past, a conservation officer, so I was sure he ought to know.
The tulips are lovely. I have some too, buried in the snow bank...maybe in the next couple of weeks?
And you were right, it was my white balance on the shots of the boys. I was guessing because I didn't want to recalibrate with the gray card.
Have a wonderful week!