You call that a day off?
I didn't get home till 4PM yesterday, and I had left the house at my usual 6:40AM. Honestly, I don't feel like I had a day off! LOL.
On the plus side: I wasn't in the office at my somewhat cluttered desk:
And I found two rain jackets on sale at WalMart, for $9 each. I couldn't choose between the fuschia or the royal blue, so I got both. I'd pay more than $9 at Value Village for a secondhand one, so thought I got a pretty good deal. My current too-big, too-poofy, lined windbreaker-style jacket, in an ugly green and purple, will return to Value Village in my next donation.
I ate too many carbs, but avoided buying any chocolate or cake or eclairs or tarts along the way, no easy feat, believe me.
I got three more annuals for small pots for the garden, all pink. Except for potting one, I'm done. I hope they all take, but if not...shrug. I didn't spend much this year, and had a leftover bag of earth from last spring anyway.
I had low-lights put in to cover the leftover blonder ones. My stylist said doing low-lights two or three times a year would be enough, as it goes grey. I don't have sufficient white hair to have a skunk line, though the under-bangs and sides have a lot of white.
It's the only snapshot that was remotely passable, and I added a bit of "glow" to it in Picasa. The front-on pic was ghastly. Truly. As in scare-the-children terrible, what with the long face and "suitcases" under my eyes. At least in this one you can't see all the crow's feet and dark circles. LOL.
I still have no phone or internet at home, of course, and hope the tech will arrive closer to 5PM this evening than 8PM.
Meanwhile, at least I'm connected here at the office, and one of the two projects I'm working on is coming along well, should be done ahead of schedule, if the final pieces of data get to me in a timely fashion (from another department).
So as my dad says, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I'll toss in a few floral snapshots from this morning, the irises in front of the building next to ours, and a poppy I stumbled across.
Purrs from the boys and peace from me.





Comments
I'm laughing at how you described your front-on pic. Hilarious!
Great deal on the raincoats!! I amy need to go down to our Walmart and see if they have any :)
and your desk at work is so-oo neat and uncluttered!