Thankful for Work Air Conditioning!
I'm so thankful this building has updated air conditioning (not all buildings here do, our former location doesn't and it's an oven over there). Note the humidex as at 11AM: 97F, underlined in red. And that's at the airport, near the lake, with the breeze from the water. Heading up to 106F this afternoon. I hope the cats are "chilling" in the basement right now.
Derry yesterday evening, giving me a steely, don't snap my picture look. Either that or he's just squinting into the light. :-)
And Nicki back on the 12th, posing nicely for me.
Work is fine for the moment, just plodding along through a few projects that have August deadlines, so no rush.
It's still quiet on the home front, and I'm holding my breath waiting for the respite to end. He left at 7:40AM on Sunday, and I thought he'd bring his "loving" family home, but he got back sometime after 11PM (I was up then for a bio break and no truck), by himself. Summer camp for the kids, perhaps? That would be a novelty for them.
Unless/until I see their unit listed for sale, I have to assume, each day, that they'll be back at any given moment. Because I simply can't imagine that she'd ever take the kids and get out. In fact, given her past behaviour, I'd bet real money not.
I'd like to say this is a great lesson in learning to live in the Present Moment, but I suck at doing that. LOL. Still, I'm grateful beyond words for any further quiet and peaceful moments I have in my house. (And I've probably just jinxed it now!)
Keep cool (or stay warm, if you're in the southern hemisphere) and stay safe, be well.
Snapshots from last Friday, on the way to work.






Comments
xoxoxo
The boys are handsome and the photos are lovely, what wonderful colors. I like the new banner too! It is new, isn't it ....or have I not been paying attention again.
Have a wonderful week!
Beautiful pictures of the pretty vibrant flowers and the boys. I love the header photo too.
It's too much to hope for that she & the kids left. They probably are visiting family for summer holiday or some such thing, but still, enjoy it (it would be so great if they really did go!). I can totally understand living on edge. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. It really makes me worry about when we buy a house (if we ever buy a house).
We are supposed to have hot and hot and hot this month but because our weatherman said so, it's been gloomy and rainy instead. LOL.
Glad you are having a respite from the family next door. Maybe she has left him and they won't return. Wouldn't that be wonderful!
Victoria